2023-2024 College Football. And then there were 4

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Anyone catch that Washington Oregon game? Great game with two great teams and a great finish. Penix & Nix are for real.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty incredible QB class this year. Williams, Sanders, Penix, Nix, Maye, McCarthy, Ewers, and at least 5-6 others that will likely be drafted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Pretty incredible QB class this year. Williams, Sanders, Penix, Nix, Maye, McCarthy, Ewers, and at least 5-6 others that will likely be drafted.

And chances are that none of them will make it as a starter past their first contract.

• 1Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
And chances are that none of them will make it as a starter past their first contract.
Crazy right? All the money spent looking for a QB in the #1 Draft Spot, all the trade deals leveraging teams future on one guy. In the past 20 years how many #1 QB picks have turned out to be top 10 QBs in the league? Shit forget how many #1 picks how about first rounders?

If I wear a GM, I would look at two things for a QB.
1) all their 4th quarter film
2) are they loved/respected by their team mates?

Sure it would be nice if they were 6'5 240 ran sub 4.6 and had a cannon for an arm, but I think intangibles matter more at that position that anything else.

EDIT: And by the way, Football is now back on the menu at my house. After a decade of not watching and saying no way to my kids will play I have folded, I am weak man. My younger son has been all over me the last two years. A lot of reasons for it, but most of all I have to let them live their lives and make their own choices. If it wasn't for football I never would have met their mother, I don't want to take a life changing opportunity like that away from them. Not saying they are going D1 or anything like that (shit they might not ever see the field in HS), but who knows what friendship/relationship/opportunity they could make/get through football and where it could lead them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure how many years it will take to resolve for Michigan but it's pretty clear Harbaugh is getting the boot from college come end of this season. I'd be shocked he stuck around to try and fight it.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not sure how many years it will take to resolve for Michigan but it's pretty clear Harbaugh is getting the boot from college come end of this season. I'd be shocked he stuck around to try and fight it.
Can he even make it through the season??

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Listening to Eisen squirm about Michigan is pretty hysterical. Can tell he is just hoping beyond all hope they don't punish them this year.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There is a huge deal being made in the MLB thread about the Astros sign stealing scandal; the big issue Astros fans have is that the team was punished for it by the MLB and in their eyes that is where it ends.

I only say that to say this: If Harbaugh and Michigan are punished for this by the NCAA and he is still there and can go to a bowl then people are just going to have to accept that and move on.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If our backup Qb doesn’t fuck up having the rematch, OU may do it.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I never thought we'd start this season with 7 wins anyways, as I still think OU is in the process of fixing all the damage done to our defense over the past decade, so I'm not too broken up.

That being said, fuck Kansas and fuck Jeff Lebby and his stupid high school offense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jeeze Notre Dame looked sharp today. If only they could always play like that.
Fuck Notre Dame I hope South Bend gets nukes by China. Fucking hate ND and their pompous bullshit. I like you though Dirk, I mean a little less now that I know you are an ND fan. Still mostly like you.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf