2023-2024 College Football. And then there were 4

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Eh, helmet to helmet on a "defenseless" player. I think that was a fair call.
I had to watch it 10 times before I even noticed any helmet contact. He leads with his shoulder, not his head, and there is barely any helmet contact. Call it unnecessary roughness if you want, but I don't see how that qualifies for targeting. I dunno, maybe I need to go read the wording of the rule.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He lead with the crown of the helmet and somewhat launched himself, they will call that every time. Regardless of how you feel about the rule.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a fair call.

He clearly launched his helm into him. He could have just wrapped him up and brought him down but instead felt the need to lower his shoulder and use the helm. He did this knowing that the player could not see him coming, thus creating a potentially dangerous situation. That is the very reason why the rule exists. Its a poor way of tackling that would rarely work if the player knew the person was coming.

The call was fair...

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
There is a sign stealing scandal breaking at Michigan and no one is talking about it?

Muurloen

Until punishment comes down, there's not much to talk about. Hopefully NCAA does better than MLB.
What is your ideal punishment then if these allegations are to be punished by the NCAA?

Should Michigan get the death penalty like SMU did?

Muurloen

So a nearly 150 year program gets guillotined with no opportunity for redemption. Interesting.

It has taken SMU nearly 40 years to climb back to relevancy (using that term kinda loosely) since their death penalty. There is no way the NCAA does this to one of its storied schools. The team will likely have a 2 year ban of bowl ineligibility.

At best they will Jim Harbaugh is suspended for multiple years, or hell even a lifetime ban him. The NFL stated that he wont be given safe harbor once the NCAA renders their decision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The NCAA and Big 10 are going to stretch this out until after the season and then slam a huge suspension on Harbaugh after he takes a NFL job. Useless.

• 1Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I think that the rule is dumb and there's a huge difference between scouting a school you're about to play and using a camera in the stadium to steal signals in real time.

The bigger issue is the coverup and Harbaugh lying (again) to the NCAA.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Other coaches tend to steer clear of this stuff, just let it play out and mind there own business. That certainly doesn't seem to be the case here which could mean they actually do take action sooner than later.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Supposedly the Michigan assistant was on the sideline of Central Michigan wearing a CMU shirt, hat, and somehow got a badge? That's some Scooby-Doo shit.

F9z9j3oWEAA2rf8.jpg

images.jpeg

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't follow college football much, but do they not allow communicate devices in helmets? The NFL doesn't do this kind of signage AFAIK, right?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
no helmet communication is allowed which likely gets changed sooner than later because of this

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a nearly 150 year program gets guillotined with no opportunity for redemption. Interesting.

It has taken SMU nearly 40 years to climb back to relevancy (using that term kinda loosely) since their death penalty. There is no way the NCAA does this to one of its storied schools. The team will likely have a 2 year ban of bowl ineligibility.

At best they will Jim Harbaugh is suspended for multiple years, or hell even a lifetime ban him. The NFL stated that he wont be given safe harbor once the NCAA renders their decision.
I would love the death penalty just for the drama. It’s not like it’s an SEC school so only semi-relevant anyway.

fan michigan GIF

college football fan GIF

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think penalties for the schools are stupid. Punishing the program/student athletes is dumb as fuck, I think the coaches/staff involved should be punished in ways that actually matter. I think the AD should get shit canned with a large fine and be suspended from working at any institution for 5 years same for the coaches and the rest of the staff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I would love the death penalty just for the drama. It’s not like it’s an SEC school so only semi-relevant anyway.

fan michigan GIF

college football fan GIF
You thought I meant the death penalty for the SCHOOL?? Oh my sweet summer child.....

• 1Worf