2023-2024 College Football. And then there were 4

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So Bama looks really locked in. Texas whipped them at home. UGA hasn't lost all season. Drama, there will be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This has been a really solid game. I think the difference has been Alabama's Offensive blocking, they have been insanely good.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was an awesome game. Both sides had to deal with injuries but as stated, Alabama's offensive line did its job well. The rankings should be interesting. Who gets into the top 4?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fitting the final time of this shitty system will come with epic pissed off fan base(s)

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Assuming Michigan and Florida St don't shit the bed versus Iowa and Louisville here is my guess on the final rankings.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida St
4. Alabama

I personally would have no problem with Texas getting in over Alabama, but it is hard to imagine the SEC not being represented in the playoffs. Also would not be surprised in Florida St leapfrogs Washington for the #2 spot because east coast bias.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
How poetic would it be to not have the SEC in for the last 4 team playoff. Get fucked.

I think the real question is, if Michigan and FSU win. Does FSU go to 4 and Bama/Texas 3 just to shit on FSU one last time as well.

• 1Dislike

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I think they will potentially leave FSU out of the four assuming Michigan and FSU take care of business. They'll try to justify it with Jordan Travis being out. No way I think an SEC team doesn't make it in. I think it'll come down to how convincingly FSU wins tonight - if they struggle, I think it leaves the door open for Texas to sneak in.

My guess:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Texas/FSU

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are fucking joking if you have Bama ahead of Texas. There is no debate, Texas is in and Bama is hoping for a FSU loss.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How poetic would it be to not have the SEC in for the last 4 team playoff. Get fucked.

I think the real question is, if Michigan and FSU win. Does FSU go to 4 and Bama/Texas 3 just to shit on FSU one last time as well.
The SEC does have a team in: Texas. I want Michigan first round for the free win before facing Washington.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The SEC does have a team in: Texas. I want Michigan first round for the free win before facing Washington.
😂 bro you calling down the powers of the Jinx like I’ve never seen.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
You are fucking joking if you have Bama ahead of Texas. There is no debate, Texas is in and Bama is hoping for a FSU loss.
I'm not saying it's right, but I wouldn't even be slightly surprised to see Bama leap frog Texas after just beating the consensus 1 seed.

This is a sports talk radio wet dream. No matter what happens, there are going to be butthurt fans. I think the playoff committee has to be praying for a Louisville win like crazy.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not saying it's right, but I wouldn't even be slightly surprised to see Bama leap frog Texas after just beating the consensus 1 seed.

This is a sports talk radio wet dream. No matter what happens, there are going to be butthurt fans. I think the playoff committee has to be praying for a Louisville win like crazy.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
This Louisville - FSU game is like a cripple fight. Really hope the committee doesn't put them in. After watching Washington, Texas and Alabama this weekend, it's not even close if it's "best team" consideration. It would simply be most deserving for winning out in the ACC, which may of well have been the Sun Belt or Conf USA this year.

Also the Louisville qb looks like a pedophile.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I get this argument, but it would also be a lot more convincing if it was 3 weeks ago versus back in early September. Beating the consensus #1 team in the SEC title game to me is a more impressive win. Although the whole idea they can't just put both in would be dumb, as well. Going undefeated is great, but if the wins aren't as impressive as those of the 1 loss teams, they should go in first.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
With that line of thinking may as well just schedule powder puffs, if a whole season doesn’t mean anything but only the last few weeks, then what’s the point? How does the saying go? Any given Sunday? Make it Saturday of course you can’t just negate a loss because it was early In the year. Especially when it’s against a team fighting for that same spot.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With that line of thinking may as well just schedule powder puffs, if a whole season doesn’t mean anything but only the last few weeks, then what’s the point? How does the saying go? Any given Sunday? Make it Saturday of course you can’t just negate a loss because it was early In the year. Especially when it’s against a team fighting for that same spot.

It still means something, but there's context with everything, right? With the thinking the other way, Alabama should just forfeit the rest of their season if they know nothing they could do would ever rank them above Texas. It's not negating anything, why does it have to be all or nothing? Is it not logical if the game happened a few weeks ago it would be more impressive than it happening way back in early September? Again, if I'm putting in the best 4 teams, I'd have both in.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Bama's win over #1 Georgia and loss to Texas will likely grade higher than Texas's win over Bama and loss to Oklahoma. Sorry Foggy Foggy your only hope is to leapfrog Florida St, which I think would be bullshit. It is so hard to go 13-0 in D1 Football.

• 1Moron

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It still means something, but there's context with everything, right? With the thinking the other way, Alabama should just forfeit the rest of their season if they know nothing they could do would ever rank them above Texas. It's not negating anything, why does it have to be all or nothing? Is it not logical if the game happened a few weeks ago it would be more impressive than it happening way back in early September? Again, if I'm putting in the best 4 teams, I'd have both in.
That is completely illogical and it falls prey to recency bias. Head to head is the ultimate metric. If FSU is in, then Texas and Bama is the play-in game, and it was already determined on the field. Anything else is just bullshit eye test nonsense. Not to mention Bama beating Georgia makes Texas’ win over Bama even better. Texas owns the best win of all the playoff teams.

The only debate left is whether they should let in the most deserving team (FSU) or the best team (Bama) for the 4th spot.