2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
a diva with an injury history in SF sounds like a perfect match, plus paired with college teammate Bosa.
And the coaches there might actually be good enough to make Chase play up to potential which could be scarry.

both were getting such awful coaching in washington that its impossible to really know how good they are or their potential. And the new GM next year is who should decide to sign them or not and that persons not been hired yet, so this had to happen even with the high ceiling of both and low return on chase.

Also i feel bad for montez, starts career with skins, now the bears? ouch

and lastly fuck the nfl for their racist free pick BS

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
a diva with an injury history in SF sounds like a perfect match, plus paired with college teammate Bosa.
And the coaches there might actually be good enough to make Chase play up to potential which could be scarry.

both were getting such awful coaching in washington that its impossible to really know how good they are or their potential. And the new GM next year is who should decide to sign them or not and that persons not been hired yet, so this had to happen even with the high ceiling of both and low return on chase.

Also i feel bad for montez, starts career with skins, now the bears? ouch

and lastly fuck the nfl for their racist free pick BS

I'm pretty okay with the returns we got, Bears' 2nd will end up almost being a late 1st at this rate, so likely we'll have 3 top 40-45 picks, and 5 picks in the top 100. The San Fran 3rd is probably going to be almost a compensatory pick, so not a lot of gain there, which sucks, but at least we don't have to wait an extra year for it and can have a lot of picks this coming draft.

I agree in general they haven't received good coaching, but these are also 2 guys who supposedly bought way too much into their hype after Chase's rookie year and were talking about setting duo sack records and shit, then started freelancing way too much and made the D worse that season because of it.

Don't get me wrong, Sweat has been more solid overall (and obviously didn't miss all the time Chase did), but neither are elite guys, so I"m okay with moving them before having to overpay them DE contracts that would have ended up looking worse than the money we spent on Allen and Payne on the inside (and those two are far closer to elite status at their positions). All that said, we have a terrible history of whiffing in Round 2 the last 5-10 years, so unless we actually do something better with these picks, it won't matter much. But at least they've read the tea leaves correctly on this season and realize at best you're trying to go on some run and end up like 9-8 or a ridiculously lucky 10-7 and no real threat to anyone in the playoffs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty okay with the returns we got, Bears' 2nd will end up almost being a late 1st at this rate, so likely we'll have 3 top 40-45 picks, and 5 picks in the top 100. The San Fran 3rd is probably going to be almost a compensatory pick, so not a lot of gain there, which sucks, but at least we don't have to wait an extra year for it and can have a lot of picks this coming draft.

I agree in general they haven't received good coaching, but these are also 2 guys who supposedly bought way too much into their hype after Chase's rookie year and were talking about setting duo sack records and shit, then started freelancing way too much and made the D worse that season because of it.

Don't get me wrong, Sweat has been more solid overall (and obviously didn't miss all the time Chase did), but neither are elite guys, so I"m okay with moving them before having to overpay them DE contracts that would have ended up looking worse than the money we spent on Allen and Payne on the inside (and those two are far closer to elite status at their positions). All that said, we have a terrible history of whiffing in Round 2 the last 5-10 years, so unless we actually do something better with these picks, it won't matter much. But at least they've read the tea leaves correctly on this season and realize at best you're trying to go on some run and end up like 9-8 or a ridiculously lucky 10-7 and no real threat to anyone in the playoffs.
Think Josh Harris cleans house this summer and starts over? Rivera has been pretty terrible so far it seems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Think Josh Harris cleans house this summer and starts over? Rivera has been pretty terrible so far it seems.

There's a lot of rumors flying that Rivera might get canned pretty soon in season here. Whether or not that's just noise, who knows. Feels almost like Bienemy was going to get a shot at the head coach spot at some point soon as they brought him in. I definitely think the rest of the staff is gone in the offseason if they don't get fired before season is over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

They're gonna fire Josh McDaniels too?

Lets just hope you being funny doesn't somehow turn out true in reality. Though you'd have to imagine he doesn't get hired as a head coach again...but it is the NFL.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Jimmy G String and McDumbass are killing me. I think I would rather get kicked in the nuts then watch any more of this shit this year.
Football is back on the menu!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently it's very true. Giants failed to report it in time.

Kind of a blessing in disguise, IMO. Better than Oliver's shitty ass, but Jackson isn't that good IMO.
Turns out this is in fact not true. It's a fake account

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Surprised the DC is still around. But guess you need a warm body to be "coach" for the rest of the season.