2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Niners are starting at -9.5 vs the Packers. Shanahan has owned the Packers in the playoffs up to this point but that seems like a little much after what they did to Dallas. Having Dallas and the Rams out early seems like good news for SF but they are going to have to watch out for teams like Green Bay and Detroit since the teams we all thought were going to be the favorites in the NFC seem to have faded toward the end of the season.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I like that Jordan Love is doing it with receivers that are completely unheralded (as of now). Not a single player over 800 yards receiving. If Rodgers was still there I'm sure there would be plenty of articles about how frustrated he was with his subpar receiving core.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
It'll be sort of crazy if the Packers get McCarthy fired twice. I really don't see them keeping things intact after being embarrassed like that though. I question who the Cowboys will be able to get as a replacement. I see all these people saying Belichick or Harbaugh, but I don't think either of those guys would put up with an owner who has a reputation for meddling like Jerry does. I'd hate to see it happen, but I think the Lions OC Ben Johnson would be a really good fit - the Cowboys have a great offensive line which would fit well with what he does in Detroit - running mostly between the tackles setting up a lot of play action passing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have a couple friends who are born/raised Detroit people. Dyed in the wool Red Wings/Lions fans.... You'd think they had each just won the lottery talking to them last night. heh

And yeah... Jordan Love is the real deal. The Packers have had the most phenomenal possible luck in my lifetime in terms of QB drafting. Cowboys fans were going into this game continually highlighting that Dak was the top QB in the league in so many respects... But who was the best QB yesterday?
I think part of th Packers success at QB is due to their draft picks sitting, watching and learning for a few years. Look at all the failed rookie or second year starters we have seen over the past few decades.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Power has been out almost 24 hours might be missing the game tonight.

Everyone is stealing “the refs” from you and I’m gonna be stealing thus one from you when the bills are beating the Chiefs by 30.

“my power went out guys”

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well fuck his momma boys ass then. Elway pulled this crap also. Think the stupider Manning did also. Be fuckin happy you made the NFL.
You picked a really fucking dumb hill to plant this flag on seeing as how Elway very likely never would have had the career he did if he'd started on that dumpster fire of a team team with an abusive half-wit coach and an abusive half-wit owner.

Manning may not have been a world-killer talent wise but he's still the dude who robbed Brady twice. How many rings did old man Rivers retire with after his long career with the Chargers again?

What this dumbass kid did wrong was by making this public instead of privately telling the Bears "I aint playing for yall' but aside from that he's wise to protect his future as best he can.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not saying it isn't true but the guy reporting isn't exactly some known person and seems to have as much credibility as me saying it and it being true

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I think part of th Packers success at QB is due to their draft picks sitting, watching and learning for a few years. Look at all the failed rookie or second year starters we have seen over the past few decades.
While I think it helps, I think a bigger part is the supporting cast. I really don't get how they expect anyone to succeed behind the Jets, Giants, or Panthers' O-line, for example. The Packers have had relatively solid pass blocking for as long as I can remember.

That said, this article does sort of confirm waiting a couple years provided the best outcome, albeit the sample size is obviously quite small.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
No argument here, I will be the first to say the O-line is the heart and soul of any successful team. Somewhat true for the D-line as well, just to a lesser extent.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
While I think it helps, I think a bigger part is the supporting cast. I really don't get how they expect anyone to succeed behind the Jets, Giants, or Panthers' O-line, for example. The Packers have had relatively solid pass blocking for as long as I can remember.

That said, this article does sort of confirm waiting a couple years provided the best outcome, albeit the sample size is obviously quite small.

I honestly didn't realize there were people who didn't know it was better for a rookie QB to sit a year or 3 and learn from a veteran. It's as basic as staying ahead of the chains, punting on 4th down, and wrapping up when making a tackle. It's not just QBs either. Before the salary cap, the rule of thumb was that you'd have at least one loss on the season for every rookie starter. These days with the salary cap, there's tons of rooks starting everywhere so that doesn't hold up. But it's illustrative of the value of not being thrown to the lions.

I skimmed that article and I'd say the numbers are probably skewed a little in favor of the immediate starters because those guys are usually going to have more raw talent than the ones who had to wait 4 years. But even with that, the later starters are still doing better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why is everybody crowning Love after one game against a shit team? Obviously the kid has talent, but let's pump the fucking brakes a bit before we crown him on the same level as Favre and Rodgers.

Kaepernick looked like a world beater for two seasons. How'd that go?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
That looks awful
Wow. Is it gonna warm up a bit and get soggy? I know it'll take a while for the snow to melt away, but I figure with enough people it'll get people wet with it covering everything.

I'm from South Florida and I don't mind the cold, but I usually don't stay out there for 4 hours.