2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Before the haters come out!

aaaaa.gif

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Have 9 and 12 year old girls that suddenly care about watching all the Chiefs games. The 9 year old even told me, before this weekend's game obviously, that she was worried about the Ravens because they looked like the best team this year and didn't know if the Chiefs could pull it out.

Neither of them could have told you the difference between a touchdown and a field goal or if they were even watching football or baseball before this season.

So, yes, this is probably having a noticeable effect and yes, women are stupid

Nah man! Run with that shit! My fuckin SON who has played football all his life won't sit down and watch a game with me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On topic, the Lions blew it mostly due to coaching, but it was not really Campbell's fault.

The first failed 4th down attempt they hit Reynolds wide open right on the numbers and he dropped it (he would go on to drop two more easy crucial passes). The first one where they converted, I get because they have a rookie place kicker and you want him to nail some easy ones before hauling him out for a 50 yarder. The last one they failed is where Campbell made a bad call, because at that point his kicker was in a good rhythm and the current state of the game and momentum made scoring points, ANY points, essential on that drive. He definitely should have tried that 48 yarder there.

The coach who really blew it was their OC, though. They ended two drives themselves because he got cute and called flea flickers that went no where, at a time when their run and PA Pass game was just chewing up the 9ers. Then with the game momentum completely swung, he has Gibbs (who is known to get fumblitus in these exact situations all year) the ball instead of the much more reliable Montgomery only for him to fumble the game away, literally. He then calls a run on the doorstep knowing they cannot give up any time outs, when a PA Pass would have done the trick. Not that I think the Detroit D could hold SF at that point, but he basically made them need the onside kick which is never going to happen. So basically their OC got cute and did not read the game state correctly and it cost them a 17 point lead while hanging their defense (which had been playing lights out up until that point) out to dry.

Goff was off on a couple throws, but was otherwise good at taking what the D gave him. Rest of the offense was solid with two exceptions. Gibbs not securing the ball at the most crucial moment in the game cost them once again. And Reynolds had a case of alligator arms all night at the most critical moments. Defense played brilliantly until they ran out of gas in the third. Their offensive play calling is what failed them ultimately. If they stuck to what was working and did not try those fucking bullshit trick play fleaflickers and tackle eligibles, SF never closes the gap. I hope Detroit learns from this, especially when they have to go looking for a new OC in the off season. Their window is a narrow one and I don't think my Packers are going to just roll over for a few years like everyone assumed.

SF also caught some really lucky breaks with balls literally bouncing into Ayuk's hands to convert drives. McCaffrey got contained, but still contributed. Deebo is clearly still hurt, but can still pull off big plays. Kittle was mostly quiet, but they really did not need him once the Lions started pissing the game away in the third quarter. Purdy was respectable, but I think you could put fucking Mitch Trubisky behind that line with those skill players and win. Its really hard to know how good he is, even though they dodged back to back bullets these past two weeks.

Anyhow, I have zero interest in the SB with who is in it. I was already tapped out on the AFC side once it was down to Ravens and KC. A SF vs KC game has got to be the least interesting option after the playoff field we started with. And I am beyond sick of them flashing Swift on the fucking screen every single play. And SF I guess has their window closing so they have to get it done before cap issues start to catch up to them. Gun to my head, I would reluctantly root for SF but I think their luck runs out and the Refs are clearly playing for KC this year, so probably going to be ring two for Mahomes with an army of dick riders cheering him on.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Dan Campbell will never take Detroit or any other team to the Super Bowl. His coaching capability is somewhere in the Brandon Staley/Kliff Kingsbury tier, the main difference is that instead of garden variety incompetence he's just really stupid and presumably brain damaged. But being stupid and brain-damaged lets him connect with his team of similarly stupid and brain-damaged players and with mixed results they've been able to just OO-RAH TEAM SPIRIT their way through his terrible decisions. And Shanahan isn't even a particularly good coach himself, with the lead and momentum the Lions had they should have had an easy cruise to the Super Bowl.

Campbell's coaching style is just another stupid gimmick.
Come on now, he's definitely above Staley/Kingsbury.

I think it could work out with him as the motivator/glue, but it's all going to hinge on the quality of his assistants. We'll see who ends up getting poached now. It looks like the OC Johnson is gone for the Washington job, we'll see if he steals anyone (my biggest worry is losing the OL coach Hank Fraley). I actually thought if the Lions put a second half together like the first, that the DC, Glenn might have coached himself into a HC job with the Seahawks (I think they'll go MacDonald from the Ravens) - I think he'll stay now.

I think the heir apparent for the OC job is Tanner Engstrand - he interviewed for the Pats OC position, hopefully he won't take it. Johnson was overall an excellent OC, but he did have a tendency to try to get a little too cute at times. They also, for whatever reason, always came out really flat in the 3rd quarter - that's something that could be improved.

I didn't have a huge problem with the first 4th down attempt last night (although I'd still would have preferred he kicked) - Badgley has been really shaky past about 45 yards and they clearly had a play/matchup they liked - it was an easy pass that Reynolds should have caught and had been extremely reliable up until yesterday doing so. The second 4th down attempt I think 100% should have been a field goal attempt - the team was dropping balls left and right, kick the damn ball at that point.

Oh well, was a great season, but a massive missed opportunity. Hopefully they address their huge needs in the secondary this off-season, sign/draft a reliable kicker, add another edge rusher, and add some OL depth. Next year will be tough - the Packers look to be on the rise, the Vikings should bounce back, and the Bears could be scary with all their high draft picks (although I expect them to burn them all on skill players and nothing for protection).

• 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Either way it just proves women...what's the male Taylor swift equivalent?
You got me. I watch football to catch the Lowe's, Home Depot, and truck commercials. It's my fantasy to roll up to my job with some nice Milwaukee tools in my American made pickup truck.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vikings will do what they always do. Start strong and then shit the bed down the stretch while blaming injuries, refs, or what have you. Bears are trying to replicate what the Ravens have in Lamar, but with less talent, a less capable front office, and without the linemen to make it work. And its not like Lamar has been going to SB, so I am not sure why anyone would want to follow that template. Packers will come down to if Love has a sophmore slump and how bad it is when it happens, plus if we end up with someone worse than Berry at DC. Say what you want about him, but our no name defense was holding most teams to 20 or less points, especially after the offense started clicking. Not sure who is out there that is going to be better and feels like when we got rid of Capers (McCarthy threw him under the bus to save himself, really) only to end up with someone worse. Detroit has to pay some people, but I think they have a good three year window and their success will depend entirely on getting an OC who can work with Goff and not get cute.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You got me. I watch football to catch the Lowe's, Home Depot, and truck commercials. It's my fantasy to roll up to my job with some nice Milwaukee tools in my American made pickup truck.
Used to be the beer commercials before every fucking one of them became woke fests.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Vikings will do what they always do. Start strong and then shit the bed down the stretch while blaming injuries, refs, or what have you. Bears are trying to replicate what the Ravens have in Lamar, but with less talent, a less capable front office, and without the linemen to make it work. And its not like Lamar has been going to SB, so I am not sure why anyone would want to follow that template. Packers will come down to if Love has a sophmore slump and how bad it is when it happens, plus if we end up with someone worse than Berry at DC. Say what you want about him, but our no name defense was holding most teams to 20 or less points, especially after the offense started clicking. Not sure who is out there that is going to be better and feels like when we got rid of Capers (McCarthy threw him under the bus to save himself, really) only to end up with someone worse. Detroit has to pay some people, but I think they have a good three year window and their success will depend entirely on getting an OC who can work with Goff and not get cute.
Vikings: Mostly agree with you, think they're on the decline. They could really shake things up if they don't re-sign Cousins though. They seem content to waste Jefferson's best years in mediocrity.

Bears: It looks like the Justin Fields experiment is over, last I saw they were shopping him for a conditional 3rd round pick - maybe landing with the Raiders. If Williams lives up to the hype, they could be scary, but would probably need a couple of years to build up a supporting cast.

Packers: They definitely scare me the most. Love seems like the real deal and I don't think he's going to have a sophomore slump - he consistently improved throughout the year, so, it doesn't look like teams having more film on him made an impact. I think they'll go with Wink Martindale for DC. I think his blitz happy scheme would fit really well, plus they already run a base 3-4 defense. Biggest question I see is Aaron Jones - he's 29, on the last year of his contract, and has trouble staying healthy. They look like a much better team when he's out there. I think they need to draft his backup/replacement.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Packers: They definitely scare me the most. Love seems like the real deal and I don't think he's going to have a sophomore slump - he consistently improved throughout the year, so, it doesn't look like teams having more film on him made an impact. I think they'll go with Wink Martindale for DC. I think his blitz happy scheme would fit really well, plus they already run a base 3-4 defense. Biggest question I see is Aaron Jones - he's 29, on the last year of his contract, and has trouble staying healthy. They look like a much better team when he's out there. I think they need to draft his backup/replacement.
Yeah, the guy behind him is good but not consistent. We really need a J. Williams type who just knows how to stay healthy and find the first down marker. I was happy for him in Detroit, but then he got greedy and went full retard. I would like for us to add more depth at TE and maybe a John Kuhn type FB who can catch and fall forward for a yard, because that seems to fit LaFlour's scheme perfectly. And unlike Rodgers, Love is actually running the offense as intended. We probably need a veteran DB or LB who can be a leader, though. Does not have to be the most skilled guy, but someone smart who is good in the locker room to keep the young guys focused. But I expect our first pick is going to be a RB. We better not waste another pick on a fucking place kicker with the whiffs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Purdy was respectable, but I think you could put fucking Mitch Trubisky behind that line with those skill players and win.
1706563115544.png

Big Cock Brock out here putting up Mitch Trubisky type numbers. Hell of a game manager!

• 1Like