2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Doesn't it go to sudden death in SB after each team gets a possession, but only in the event it's tied at that point?

So say SF defers, Chiefs could score 7, then SF scores 7, then Chiefs would get first shot in sudden death, was my understanding.

So I thought SF was wanting that first shot at sudden death in case of a tie, but talk about risky when you score a FG against the Chiefs.
Well, the main consideration in my mind is that if you go second, you know whether you HAVE to go for it on fourth down or not. As that drive showed, that was kind of important to know. I think that trumps any consideration of the sudden death consequences.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
rofl

GGG56sJXMAAaVI8.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Football is stupid and I am never sheering fir it again

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I cant ever remember not seeing them reward it on the broadcast.
I think because it went into overtime, they cut the network broadcast early. They said the rest of the ceremony would be on the CBS Sports Network, so no one saw it.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Nah bro. Let's air it out against arguably the best secondary in the NFL, with a 2nd year QB, after your defense is getting stop after stop. I'll just keep the best RB in the NFL on the sidelines.

Chiefs will never see it coming.
I was trying to buy the 49ers a screen, looking for the LV area code to see if I could buy space on the Sphere to get a message to Shanahan, you guys are tearing them up on the outside, you need a TD to win the game; two runs for nothing inside the 10 and then whatever the hell that abortion of a play was on 3rd down in regulation. Field Goal is not going to get it done. They never established the run; you can't depend on the run and even if you do, none of these teams are built to dominate NFC East 90's style with it. Might as well gone for it on 4th down with 2 min left in regulation with Andy Reid and St. Patrick Mahomes on the other side of the ball.

I like KC and the crew but now we have another spring/summer/fall of listening to insufferable sports media lapping Pat's asshole about being the best ever when they own it all to Trapper/Looter? whatever his name's heel and an uncalled pass interference on the first SF drive.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
“It’s just something we talked about,” Shanahan said in his postgame news conference. “None of us have a ton of experience with it. But we went through all the analytics and talked to those guys. We just thought it would be better. We wanted the ball third. If both teams matched and scored, we wanted to be the ones who had the chance to go win. So got that field goal, so knew we had to hold them to at least a field goal and if we did, we thought it was in our hands after that.”

• 1Picard

taebin

Same trailer, different park
If the Chiefs have any integrity as a franchise he'll be suspended for a few games at the beginning of next season for that.

Ordinarily I'd say he should be told not to come back from the locker room after half time but obviously that aint gonna happen during the Super Bowl.
Heavy, heavy pearl clutching. How dare he yell at his coach. That is assault and he should be tried and convicted, I practice family law and that's a red flag Taylor should break up with him immediately and be on the look out for spousal abuse!!!

Wait...

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is there any precedent set for a team suspending a player for yelling at his coach?
Yelling? Dude practically shoulder checked him to the ground.

I don't know how Reid didn't sit him for at least a quarter after that shit.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

Bellichek used to suspend players for dumb shit, like when Welker made a foot joke about Rex Ryan during a press conference

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wow oh fucking wow

Headed to the Parade just booked my flight for $850.

I can’t believe we are now officially a Dynasty. If you would’ve asked me that back in 2020 when I went to the SB in Miami and watched them win I would have told you I would be just happy for that that ring.

Chieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeffffsssssss

for Gravy Gravy

Forever

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Wow oh fucking wow

Headed to the Parade just booked my flight for $850.

I can’t believe we are now officially a Dynasty. If you would’ve asked me that back in 2020 when I went to the SB in Miami and watched them win I would have told you I would be just happy for that that ring.

Chieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeffffsssssss

for Gravy Gravy

Forever
So are we calling it the 2024-2025 NFL Mahomes Invitational Offseason Thread?

It's a really cringe title but probably accurate. I wouldn't bet against them next year either.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
People are going to blame the kicker, and people are going to blame the NFL, and people are going to blame Taylor Swift, but from what I saw, the 49ers just got marginally outplayed and outcoached by a team with a little more of everything, including luck and special teams. Neither team really "deserved" to win and the Chiefs only deserved to lose slight less.

Now just to not watch Sports media for 7+ months until Pat's asshole is golden and they start next year with Superbowl hangover galore. Buddy of mine was apparently there in the Chefs end zone and my facebook page is full of stuff from the game.

He was wearing all black.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users