Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
1000002527.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So bizarre... a number of 49ers said they didn't know the overtime rules. Apparently that had never been discussed by the team since the rules were changed? It sounds like the coaches understood but didn't communicate it to the players. I guess it didn't matter since Shanahan said he wanted to receiver first for sudden death considerations but still weird.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So bizarre... a number of 49ers said they didn't know the overtime rules. Apparently that had never been discussed by the team since the rules were changed? It sounds like the coaches understood but didn't communicate it to the players. I guess it didn't matter since Shanahan said he wanted to receiver first for sudden death considerations but still weird.

It really isn't bizarre if you stop and think about the average IQ of football players.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just get way too emotionally invested in this shit, and it either ruins my day or makes it good. I don't know why, and I wish I could just passively enjoy the games, but I just can't. I don't want to feel like my entire day is ruined, over a game that, outside of just cheering for them, I have no investment in. I am not a player, coach, owner, or even an employee. I am just a fan, and getting this worked up over it seems unhealthy.

I don't know. I think I am gonna try and just passively pay attention next year and see how that goes.

Grats to the Chiefs fans though. I really thought even with the mistakes they made, the 49ers were going to pull it off. Right up until OT and their drive stalled, that was when I knew it was over. Just another heartbreak though. CMC fumble, muffed punt, blocked extra point. bleh

• 2Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The game was good, the result was shit, Romo was shit, the whole season was shit

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Moron

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just get way too emotionally invested in this shit, and it either ruins my day or makes it good. I don't know why, and I wish I could just passively enjoy the games, but I just can't. I don't want to feel like my entire day is ruined, over a game that, outside of just cheering for them, I have no investment in. I am not a player, coach, owner, or even an employee. I am just a fan, and getting this worked up over it seems unhealthy.

I don't know. I think I am gonna try and just passively pay attention next year and see how that goes.

Grats to the Chiefs fans though. I really thought even with the mistakes they made, the 49ers were going to pull it off. Right up until OT and their drive stalled, that was when I knew it was over. Just another heartbreak though. CMC fumble, muffed punt, blocked extra point. bleh
Except for last year's Super Bowl and the Damar Hamlin show, I'm now at two years football free. It's still fun to chat and talk shit about and I still watch a satirical summary after each week, but otherwise I really don't feel like I'm missing anything. Even leaving out all the various political shit, the reffing has completely ruined the regular season for me and it's clear that the NFL has no intention of ever reining them in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I got way to invested on a 50$ bet on the 9ers even though I felt KC would win, figured I'd just play the odds. Which is weird vegas had 9ers. But they really called the spread, in my mind I had kc over 9ers 24 to 17. Wasn't horribly off but damn vegas nailed the spread.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This was supposed to be a "down" year for the Chiefs. They had lost all of their offensive weapons except Kelce. And they were supposed to struggle scoring enough point to win games. Their defense is obviously top notch and now they are going to get an entire off-season to add more weapons.

Three-peat Jordan Style incoming.
They have some big paychecks to write on the defensive side if they want to keep the same crew though. Not sure it’s possible with the cap, they are going to have to let some top players walk.

Cuttings MVS will help some, but then you gotta replace him still.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The whole article, so you don't have to click.

View attachment 514085

And everyone that took the under cheered. Funny how these gambling articles all seem to only want to talk about the losing side of a bet when we know Vegas sets odds to try and get as much money on both sides of a bet as possible. Since they make money either way, and are better off if they can use the losers' money to pay off the winners.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Rewatched the end of the game today and it hits me once again just how much time they took before the final play. They had two timeouts and yet let a ton of time run off the clock -- if the pass was incomplete they had no time for anything but a FG. They could have had all four downs if they used their timeouts. It was really strange. If they had lost, I'm guessing Reid would have been pilloried for that but now no one will even mention it.

Perhaps they just really liked the defense that was on the field. It seemed like Kelce knew that catch was going to happen before he could see it or the crowd roared -- though he might have been watching it on the screen.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Rewatched the end of the game today and it hits me once again just how much time they took before the final play. They had two timeouts and yet let a ton of time run off the clock -- if the pass was incomplete they had no time for anything but a FG. They could have had all four downs if they used their timeouts. It was really strange. If they had lost, I'm guessing Reid would have been pilloried for that but now no one will even mention it.

Perhaps they just really liked the defense that was on the field. It seemed like Kelce knew that catch was going to happen before he could see it or the crowd roared -- though he might have been watching it on the screen.
I was screaming at the TV for Reid to take a time out as well. It didn't matter how much time was left after a score, since that would end the game. Reid was a moron for not giving them as much time as possible to score.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Here's the 49ers free agents for 2024...

QB Brandon Allen
LB Oren Burks
QB Sam Darnold
TE Ross Dwelley
G Jon Feliciano
DE Clelin Ferrell
LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
DT Kevin Givens
S Tashaun Gipson
WR Jauan Jennings
DL Javon Kinlaw
WR Ray-Ray McCloud
CB Terrance Mitchell
OL Matt Pryor
TE Charlie Woerner
DE Chase Young

The only one I would really hate to see go on that list is Jauan Jennings and he won't be a huge contract. I wouldn't mind if Javon Kinlaw hung around but I wouldn't give him a big contract. Tashaun Gipson is a question mark because of his age but he would be okay to sign to a reasonable deal. Not sure what to think about Chase Young. He played great in the superbowl but he was underwhelming most of the season. If he can get $20M from another team I think SF lets him go. They will probably be working up a deal for Brandon Aiyuk as well. I think I would rather lose Deebo than him at this point. They will still have Purdy on the cheap so they should be able to hold the team together pretty well for another year before the real hard decisions start coming.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

What would have happened if they had kicked the tying field goal as time expired? Everyone gets a ring? Seems like there should be no possibility of a tie in the superbowl.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

What would have happened if they had kicked the tying field goal as time expired? Everyone gets a ring? Seems like there should be no possibility of a tie in the superbowl.
Pretty sure they just play a second overtime.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They were in the first quarter of a new game, so time running out doesn't mean much other than going to the second quarter.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users