2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So if the score is tied after 2 OT periods does Usher have to come out and perform again?

• 9Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Here's the 49ers free agents for 2024...

QB Brandon Allen
LB Oren Burks
QB Sam Darnold
TE Ross Dwelley
G Jon Feliciano
DE Clelin Ferrell
LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
DT Kevin Givens
S Tashaun Gipson
WR Jauan Jennings
DL Javon Kinlaw
WR Ray-Ray McCloud
CB Terrance Mitchell
OL Matt Pryor
TE Charlie Woerner
DE Chase Young

The only one I would really hate to see go on that list is Jauan Jennings and he won't be a huge contract. I wouldn't mind if Javon Kinlaw hung around but I wouldn't give him a big contract. Tashaun Gipson is a question mark because of his age but he would be okay to sign to a reasonable deal. Not sure what to think about Chase Young. He played great in the superbowl but he was underwhelming most of the season. If he can get $20M from another team I think SF lets him go. They will probably be working up a deal for Brandon Aiyuk as well. I think I would rather lose Deebo than him at this point. They will still have Purdy on the cheap so they should be able to hold the team together pretty well for another year before the real hard decisions start coming.
It doesn't matter. Keep Aiyuk, trade Deebo for draft picks, etc. At the end of the day, Kyle Shanahan is still your coach.

A coach who chose not to defer in OT and gain a down advantage on every play because he was worried about a THIRD POSSESSION. He's a coach who will ALWAYS have a mindset of playing "not to lose" instead of playing to win. Worrying about a third possession means you have ZERO confidence in a defense who just held Patrick fucking Mahomes (in the conversation with Joe as the 2nd GOAT) to ONE touchdown at the end of regulation and said touchdown was a fucking 16 yard drive because of a muffed punt.

Was the defense gassed at the end of the game? Yeah, of fucking course they were, because that trash playcalling by the "offensive genius" kept sending them back out on the fucking field to stop a god-tier QB time after time, after time. And up until the end of the game when they were totally exhausted, they were doing it. Despite not having arguably their best defensive starter in Greenlaw on the field. But Wilks will be the scapegoat and likely get fired.

The Chiefs are just better. Hell, I'd argue multiple teams in the AFC are just better. Your offseason is meaningless. All your "stars" will be another year older, Greenlaw will likely never be the same player (ask Sherman, ask Bowman), and the Lions, Packers, etc. are coming.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
If losing this superbowl was all it takes to not have to root for the same team as Kirun any more then it was worth it.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
What would have happened if they had kicked the tying field goal as time expired? Everyone gets a ring? Seems like there should be no possibility of a tie in the superbowl.
They come to midfield, take off their shirts, and come to blows. Last man standing wins a ring.

• 1Knockout
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So at this point, I pretty much think the only 2 in the conversation with Mahomes are Brady and Montana (or I should phrase it as he's reach their level of the conversation and left everyone else behind). Bradshaw is the only other guy with more rings that isn't Brady or Montana, and there's really no comparison there. Didn't realize Mahomes with 15 playoff wins trails only Montana and Brady in that as well, now...and he's only 1 behind Montana.

I don't know what Chief's cap situation looks like going into next year other than knowing they have some key signings on defense they might need to make. The scary thing for the rest of the league is if they can keep their OL and that D mostly intact, and find some more help in the draft at WR, where the last who knows how many years have proven to be a bottomless well of talent there. Rashee Rice will be more integrated in their offense next year for the full season, too. He's clearly not a do it all #1 guy, but excels in a possession and YAC role which can take some weight off Kelce on short screens, etc. If they can phase out guys like MVS/Watson with better/younger deep threat guy...their O could take another step up again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot 2024-02-12 170923.png

Grabbed this from a Rich Eisen Show video so assume it is accurate but pretty crazy pace he is on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
View attachment 514140

Grabbed this from a Rich Eisen Show video so assume it is accurate but pretty crazy pace he is on.
It will be interesting to see how long Reid stays around. He's 65 now so you'd have to think Mahomes will have a new coach before he retires. It will make yet another comparison point to Brady, to see how well he does without his HoF coach.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Reid would be nuts to retire when he's in the Mahomes train. He's a great coach but he went 20 years without a superbowl win before he got Mahomes. Brady is kind of like Jerry Rice though. He didn't just play at an incredibly high level, but he did it for an incredibly long time. That's really hard to do. Brady went 10 years without winning a superbowl at one point. The first half of his career was amazing but not as amazing as the second half.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The loss of Greenlaw was massive
Don't worry. Lynch and Shanahan will draft more mediocre D-linemen, while signing castoff D-linemen from other teams. Meanwhile, guys like Jalen Graham ride the bench. All because of Kyle's fetish with shitting on rookies, rather than developing them in meaningless games like week 18 against the Lambs or against shit teams like AZ.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Butker should have been MVP. Hell, he scored 52% of the Chiefs points. Patty Mahomes was mediocre at best and definitely should not have been named MVP. The last non-QB to win was Von Miller back in SB 50? I wish they used better criteria other than, team that won, QB gets it. Butker definitely deserved it more than Mahomes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user