28 Years Later

Juvarisx

Florida
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: 28 Years Later

Genre: Horror

Director: Danny Boyle

Plot: The third installment in the 28 Days Later Collection.

• 4Mother of God
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yep its happening.

Danny Boyle, Alex Garland Teaming for Sequel to Their Zombie Hit ’28 Days Later’ (Exclusive)

Just over two decades after unleashing a zombie epidemic, modern horror classic 28 Days Later is getting a new sequel. Maybe even a trilogy of sequels.
Danny Boyle and Alex Garland, the director and writer of the 2002 movie, are reuniting for 28 Years Later, a new zombie thriller that is expected to hit studios, streamers and other potential buyers later this week, according to multiple sources. WME, which reps Boyle and Garland, will take out the package and handle the sale.

The package isn't just a simple modern sequel installment; the movie already had a follow-up with 28 Weeks Later, released in 2007 which the duo were only involved with as executive producers. Now, the hope is to launch a new trilogy.
Boyle is attached to direct the first installment. Garland would write all three. The budget for each movie would be in the $75 million range.

The pair will also produce, as would original producer Andrew Macdonald and Peter Rice, the one-time head of Fox Searchlight Pictures, the division of one-time studio Twentieth Century Fox that originally backed the British-made movie and its sequel.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
28 Days Later is great. 28 Weeks Later is real dumb yet watchable. I'm not sure there's much to do in this world that would be interesting given how many other works have explored zombies/infected.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Flash Fact - 28 Days Later was inspired in part by Day of the Triffids sharing a very similar opening where our protagonist finds themselves in a hospital after a catastrophic event before wandering a ruined city. Instead of rage zombies it has mutant plant monsters and for the premise being really goofy the book is pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Too late for this one.

1704930523392.png

Nope, they still have 6 years to make it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Funny i just thought about this series recently and downloaded it to rewatch.

• 2Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
damn for some reason 28 days later was scrubbed off all streaming sites.
yarrrrr mateys the high seas be callin

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should just make a series of five minute openers with different situations and forget about having a plot

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't know. I feel these never get old when made decently. I'm just a sucker for movies where people kill everything.
Just rewatched 30 days of night few nights ago again and it was still awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know. I feel these never get old when made decently. I'm just a sucker for movies where people kill everything.
Just rewatched 30 days of night few nights ago again and it was still awesome.

30 Days of Night is really solid, based on a comic and has a sequel with a fucking hilariously good open. "Hey, how come people don't ever do X OH SHIT SHE'S DOING IT"

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
30 Days of Night is really solid, based on a comic and has a sequel with a fucking hilariously good open. "Hey, how come people don't ever do X OH SHIT SHE'S DOING IT"
My only gripe remains he gave his life at the end for a ungrateful bitch who was planning to leave him until she was stuck there and suddenly was like I love you again.
I like to hope he did it more to save humanity but the reality is he did it to save her. He should have let the fuckers eat her.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
28 days later was maybe my favorite zombie movie and an incredible soundtrack
Jim's rampage when he realizes it's just UK/Europe that isolated and the world is still functioning was awesome

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Homsar

I'm 🧐 if Cillian is going to be back. Him and Boyle are Butt buddies not as bad as Him and Nolan though

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man I watched both of the movies forever ago but I don't remember anything about them other than zombies.

Homsar

Man I watched both of the movies forever ago but I don't remember anything about them other than zombies.
Pretty standard zombie, big reveal is whe Cillian escapes the shooting squad but has kinda given up on life but at that moment when laying down in the woods he sees jets flying over realizing out side of England the world is still functioning giving him hope. Thats when he goes scorched earth on the fortress.

Thank God they didn't go with the alternate ending, that story was fucking retarded

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I have only watched maybe 4 or 5 directors commentary on movies in my life. I loved 28 days later, so one day I was like "Fuck it, lets hear the directors talk about it." and it was shocking how bad this movie almost was. Basically, at one point in the movie they just pause it and start talking about how the whole last 20-30 minutes of the movie had to b changed. Then it goes into a story board of what was supposed to happen, which was the main character does a total blood transfusion on the girls dad, so that he becomes infected, and its a happy ending for the girl and her dad. They had filmed a bunch of it, and then one day, some random crew member went "Are people going to believe this? I mean, you guys already established a single drop of blood in one guys eye turns him into a bloodthirsty zombie in about 30 seconds. How is a blood transfusion not immediately infected?" and they looked at eacxh other and just went.. "uhhhh FUCK.". They had to call the studio and tell them they needed to shut down production and do rewrites. The studio gave them 48 hours to start filming again.

So they basically said they spent the whole first day pissing and moaning, looking for inspiration, trying to come up with an alternate ending. They said they basically stayed up all of night 2 in a fever just trying to make something that worked. They were super unhappy with the direction they were going until the actors started adlibbing and they were basically taking any suggestions from crew and cast for how each scene should go. They then talked about how well everything just happened to work out, and that they had filmed another ending where the main dude had died and it was just the girls living in the woods making the banner, basically the same ending but a little bleaker.

All in all, the only thing I got from the directors commentary was that these guys tried to make a shitty movie thinking it would be good, and instead fell face first into making a good film thanks to everyone around them. So when 28 weeks later was announced I expected it to be garbage, and it was. I don't know what these guys have done since, maybe they figured it all out, but man, I wouldn't bet #1 on anything these guys do based on that one directors commentary.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck me, haha, I just googled Danny Boyle to see what else he had done, and there are some very solid movies on that list. So Jesus, I don't know.

All I can say for sure is the Director and whoever was on that commentary with him sounded like absolute retards on that commentary.

• 1Picard

Homsar

Danny Boyle is a pretty great Director, at the time Sunshine blu-ray was one of the best to test out the new TVs

I don't even know if he's made a bad movie, even Trance was pretty good regardless of lower reviews

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database