3 Body Problem

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think of it in these terms. We know we are moving away from the center of the universe and have been for a while. Whats more, there are galactic clusters moving from it in all vectors from the center and we are only able to observe the ones moving our general direction because of this. Here is the situation:

Galaxy on opposite side of center <===== moving 60% of C from center ====+ Center of Universe +============ moving 60% of c from center ====> Our galaxy

Combined relativistic velocity is greater than C so no light from either galaxy ever reaches the other. We know this occurs from observation (distant galaxies just on the cusp moving at enough of an angle that they essentially achieve this state have been documented), but we are not clear of all the implications aside from the fact that we are not getting burned alive by the collective light of every star in the known universe. Fun mental exercise, if the expansion of the universe were to slow down (its not for reasons unknown currently hand waved by "dark energy" theories) the night sky would become brighter and brighter until the ambient temperature of most of the know universe rose to the point where we all melted (over a cosmic scale of time mind you). Overall point is that velocity greater than C technically exists in relativity, we just don't know what the ramifications are fully.

Also keep in mind that any singularity (black hole) has an event horizon where the acceleration of gravity is the same value as C, which implies that the acceleration of gravity beyond that point would be greater than C. We mostly do not have a means to observe the particulars, but there are singularities out there that actually eject some forms of energy due to rapid rotation speeds. So while we cannot measure a velocity against a static point in the universe (Heisenberg and Schoedinger's Wave Theorem explain this at length) we have a decent approximation when it comes to singularities because their center is static in relation to the whole and there is clearly a force capable (at least theoretically) of FTL velocities beyond the event horizon.
Again, I have not seen what you are trying to say in any accepted model.

From the explanations I have seen: What we see is a light cone into the past. We can only see stars that are inside that light cone. Any light outside that cone can not reach us because it's already too far away, not specifically because it's moving away from us.

What you are saying doesn't seem to jive with this:

Edit: It's been a year, so rewatched the video and reread the post. The video is mostly saying the same thing. Outside of the video stating that parts of spacetime are moving at speeds greater than the speed of light, to which the light form distant galaxies can not pass. It still does not support infinite stars in our universe though.

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Time stamped the relevant part. He is basically talking about the expansion of the universe changing. The only extra wrinkle in there is the concept of space time bubbles which are pure theory for the most part. I am explaining it in simpler terms. I can pull sources but it appears you are familiar enough with the astronomy and physics to read up on it. For myself, I am a couple years behind on physics and astronomy as it stopped being a major hobby when clownworld activated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Drake Equation: the idealistic view of the universe

Fermi Paradox: the pessimist view of the universe

Fermi Paradox - great filter: pessimists meets desire for rules and order, the idea only the “worthy” can progress past the filters

Fermi Paradox - dark forest: pessimists meets prepper mindset, the idea that all the other aliens are out to get you so we need to buy more ammo

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I don’t see how sending in Special Ops would have been bloodier than eviscerating an entire ship….

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don’t see how sending in Special Ops would have been bloodier than eviscerating an entire ship….
It wasn't so much the bloodier thing, it was that it would be super easy for the alien lovers to destroy the information that the "good guys" were looking to obtain if an assault were taking place. Of course, they got pretty lucky with not slicing the hard drive in half with the fibers. That would have been awkward.

About the series in general:

I read the books, and honestly I feel the show did a pretty good job of presenting some fairly difficult concepts to the average retard. Like the people I work with. Some of them have trouble with basic math, but they were able to more or less follow along with this show. The books were super dry and difficult to read, particularly since all the Chinese names were incredibly difficult for me to keep straight, particularly characters that disappeared for lengths of time and then popped back up. I loved the concept of the overall story, but it was a slog to get through some of it. That's why I'm fairly happy that the series is making it more digestible, because I think it is a cool concept that not enough people would ever know about if only the books existed.

I do have to say that it annoys me that the hottest chick on the show is also the one I wish were murdered the most. She's so fucking annoying. Yeah, I get that it would be traumatizing to know your invention massacred a ton of people, including children. And maybe I even get that she felt compelled to go look at the results as penance or something. But that doesn't mean I enjoy listening to her be a massive cunt during and afterward.

I don't remember any of their names because why would I, but the black guy that becomes the Wallfacer. I wonder if they will do that entire part with the girl of his dreams. It is pretty fucking important to his character, but I can see the woke mob thinking it is super misogynistic. I'm surprised they didn't make him gay so they could redo that arc with tons of faggotry. But I can see them skipping that entire arc because it is "problematic" or some bullshit. Furthermore, the way they've created the characters in the show, his perfect girl would just be played by the super hot monofilament cunt anyway, because he's clearly in love with her, right?

Anyway, I enjoyed the series despite all of its flaws, because I felt it got a lot of the major points across without being too complicated for average people. I wish most of the characters weren't so annoying and unlikable, but overall it is getting the job done I guess. It could be much better, obviously, but it isn't as bad as I expected either.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Was there an episode that actually explained the sophons, maybe I fell asleep? Or are they leaving that for future seasons?

I read about them online but may need to rewatch.

spronk

FPS noob
Was there an episode that actually explained the sophons, maybe I fell asleep? Or are they leaving that for future seasons?

I read about them online but may need to rewatch.

explained in a quick 5 min scene held in VR in the show, its really cool ideas

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It wasn't so much the bloodier thing, it was that it would be super easy for the alien lovers to destroy the information that the "good guys" were looking to obtain if an assault were taking place. Of course, they got pretty lucky with not slicing the hard drive in half with the fibers. That would have been awkward

The nano wire method meant that even if the info was cut by the wire, the cut would be clean enough to restore the hardware.

They wanted to avoid explosives or people smashing the stuff with a hammer

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Until the whole thing hits land and folds over itself, smashing everything anyway

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It wasn't so much the bloodier thing, it was that it would be super easy for the alien lovers to destroy the information that the "good guys" were looking to obtain if an assault were taking place. Of course, they got pretty lucky with not slicing the hard drive in half with the fibers. That would have been awkward.

Right the drive miraculously surviving…and I would bet Seal Team 6 could board that ship and take control without the civilians knowing, and taking the leaders into custody, but whatever its just conjecture…..

My thoughts are that, the premise of the series is interesting, but the vehicle, the actual story is falling off the rails

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
That was a chance they were willing to take, and their bet that it was least risky solution.

Wasn’t that the first time that said technology would have been used in the field at that size and scale?

Didn’t the first live test occur a short time ago, on one, what was it a diamond?

It’s kind of just an excuse to create an insane outcome, spectacle for the show, which I get, its not convincing though

Yeah give me a team of elite operators

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
thought this was cool, what a 3 body star system might look like. the second video shows what the night sky would be on the planet

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wasn’t that the first time that said technology would have been used in the field at that size and scale?

Didn’t the first live test occur a short time ago, on one, what was it a diamond?

It’s kind of just an excuse to create an insane outcome, spectacle for the show, which I get, its not convincing though

Yeah give me a team of elite operators
They could have outfitted the team with fancy fiber swords or whatever to just cut through hull/walls to infiltrate very quickly.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yep, they wanted to have collateral damage, to express that the human organization is willing to commit violence as a means to an end

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yep, they wanted to have collateral damage, to express that the human organization is willing to commit violence as a means to an end
For sure, and an infiltration team adds a layer of separation for guilt or whatever. I get the complaints but overall I’d say they were pretty consistent within the show’s universe. I’d say most people being in that kind of position would have a lot of shit to deal with. And she’s Latina, so added bonus they get to play on the hot head stereotype

Chris

Potato del Grande
thought this was cool, what a 3 body star system might look like. the second video shows what the night sky would be on the planet

Yeah seeing it really drives home the 3 body problem.

I didn't imagine the planet would be switching stars or spending so long so far away from the stars.