30 Rock

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Show still hasnt lost steam, the bazooka joe episode was one of the best things on TV

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Such a shame these are the end times, only a few left now but it's going out on top.

Hell of a guest cast last night and damn, Tubgirl mention on telly
biggrin.png
Then again they've twice sneaked in references to Lemon Parties before.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the show is really going out on a high point, even if one detail from last night annoyed me: If Kaylie and Devon kicked off the whole plot by arranging to be photographed, why didn't she have "Mail Birthday Card" in her master plan to begin with? And why would she even start the plot, since without it she was already going to win? Sigh, TV writing.

Ouch at the "Justin Timberlake" line though. Dude is nearly 32 - in reality there probably are legions of pre-teen/teen girls that regard him as nothing but a fossil. The cruel march of time, and all that.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed the callback to the fake shows they did from the 2nd live show while giving the tour. Also it is very fitting that Liz ends up adopting a baby Tracy and Jenna.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad they're getting a chance to wrap everything up, but that was probably the least funny episode of 30 Rock ever=/ I do not watch this show for earnest and heartfelt...

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I was amused and entertained, Liz adopting young Jenna & Tracey is perfect. The Wonka stuff (was that a brief poster of Uckhart as Wonka during Kenneth's song?) Jenna during their initial sales pitch etc.

Next week is the hour long wrap-up. Bets on Mickey Rourke showing up and finally murdering Jenna?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That made me sadder than when Old Yeller died to the deflected bullet that killed Bambi's mother after Marley and me collapsed.

They went out strong though. The first episode was funnier but the second episode was a great finale for the show. The insults in the first one were killing me. "Factory reject dildos", "You string cheese with a tooth stuck in it".

The final stinger thing wrapping everything up was great, and I loved the nods to Kenneth's immortality and closing the show on it. Plus the fact that both episodes were just a savage dig at the heads of NBC and their intentional dumbing down of their shows.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only thing that would have made this a better finale was if they saved Dr. Spaceman for it.

Also, I really thought they were going to do a St. Elsewhere ending when they showed the snow globe, but it turned out to be immortal Kenneth.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Amazing finale! I've been watching this show since the pilot. It's going to be weird not having any more 30 rock to look forward to.

"Damn you Jonathon."

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jack going on the boat trip and thinking of the see-through dishwasher was awesome. So great. Glad this show stayed good until the end.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone paused it right before Tracy got hit by the cab in the episode "Mazel Tov, Dummies"

WDQqVw1.jpg

Yes, this was worth bumping a 3 year old thread for a finished show.