38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think both are true.

I think Curt spent money like a fool (going as far as paying for employees to be moved into their homes and maybe even their homes?) and the new dem gov acted in bad faith calling in the debt years before it was due. Or maybe it was due but they refused to renegotiate?

Idk, Curt never should’ve worked w the government. That’s on him, particularly given his opinions.

Yeah, he shoulda known better, and probably would in the current political climate. Always wiser to run a business lean, but also keep in mind the extravagant spending and employee perks seemed pretty typical in the game industry at the time, or were higher than average but praised.

And the deal Curt did was pretty much business as usual with a lot of typical and established political players. The new governor elected was openly against the deal and suddenly when he's in office he manages to prove he was right all along, by spending more to investigate and prosecute than they got from the auction. Didn't they do a long investigation to file no criminal charges in the end?

I think the game was going to suck and tank eventually anyhow, but Curt got done dirty and became a victim of his own elevated hopes and dreams.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, he shoulda known better, and probably would in the current political climate. Always wiser to run a business lean, but also keep in mind the extravagant spending and employee perks seemed pretty typical in the game industry at the time, or were higher than average but praised.

And the deal Curt did was pretty much business as usual with a lot of typical and established political players. The new governor elected was openly against the deal and suddenly when he's in office he manages to prove he was right all along, by spending more to investigate and prosecute than they got from the auction. Didn't they do a long investigation to file no criminal charges in the end?

I think the game was going to suck and tank eventually anyhow, but Curt got done dirty and became a victim of his own elevated hopes and dreams.

The RPG had great combat and mechanics, it just wasn’t all that fun and had too many side quests.

It would’ve been fine for them to release a 30 hour main story w minimal side quests. And yet, the theme of this story is trying to do too much and suffering for it.