40K Space Marine free

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks. Picked it up. Never played any of the 40k games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hasn't aged well but was good at the time. Nice catch. Really enjoyed the multiplayer when it was new and you could connect to people besides rusky's

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is the fucktards at THQ separated multiplayer by what DLC you owned. Gutted the community in short order.

The gameplay was fun but the story was written by people who really don't know shit about the setting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Does anyone have a link for a youtube video or an article discussing the game from a lore standpoint?

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I was thinking more of a criticism of the THQ game, not the tabletop version. I tried searching on some of the 40k channels but naming the game "Space Marine" made that a bit fruitless.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've never played any 40k games. I went thru the trailer at the start of 40k marines and it was a lot different than I was expecting. Looked good, not sure what I was expecting in 40k but something different lol.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking more of a criticism of the THQ game, not the tabletop version. I tried searching on some of the 40k channels but naming the game "Space Marine" made that a bit fruitless.

best video i could find was by lorerunner. it's not entirely about the lore of the game. more of a full review. As noted above the story wasn't all that great, and as a result I don't think anybody really dedicated an entire video to breaking it down. Could be someone did, but I can't find anything noteworthy. Personally, the story didn't ruminate w/ me at all. It was years ago that I played but I don't remember it at all. What I do remember was how fun the game was at the time. The game felt "chunky" similar to gears. Just real satisfying from a gameplay perspective, but the story, like most WH40k games, was all too forgettable

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user