7 Days to Die

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
We're at around day 105. So far, the graphics and QoL improvements are nice. The new skill system works but certain lines are hard to level with books.

The ongoing problem is that there is really not a compelling reason to level many of the lines. Why level up assault rifles when I'm very likely to find many high level assault rifles before I am ever able to make them? I'm also a little disappointed that they haven't added any new weapons, zombies, or vehicles. Mods can address that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, the skill book versus loot thing is huge. Like in my playthrough I was doing sledge. I got a tier 6 steel sledge from a quest reward when I think I was still on iron or maybe tier 1-2 steel craftable. What's the point in me continuing to find books at that point? I basically got the highest I'll ever find and it made the rest pointless.

Oldbased

> Than U
I assumed that was coming when I checked a few days ago and no update at all on Steam really since before Xmas. I'm good with it, they did one hell of an Alpha/Beta

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Damn. I searched for this thread and couldn't find it before I posted in the general news thread. Anyway, I am not sure what to make of the announcement. Money grab? Port to console and raise prices since it is 1.0?

Oldbased

> Than U
If you already own it or purchase it on sale from the 22-29th I think it was of this month your copy is valid and good for 1.0

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Damn. I searched for this thread and couldn't find it before I posted in the general news thread. Anyway, I am not sure what to make of the announcement. Money grab? Port to console and raise prices since it is 1.0?
Q: Will there be a price raise?
A:
Yes, at launch of 1.0 stable the standard retail price of the game from that point forward will increase to $44.99 on all platforms and storefronts. We are offering a major Last Chance weeklong deal sale on Steam from April 22 to April 29, 2024 so that people will have one last chance to get the game before the price increases.

If you own it already, you don't have to buy it again.

Cybsled

If memory serves, they had released the game on consoles many years ago, but it got abandoned and never updated. You got some Walking Dead player skins for buying it.

Caliane

last played 2020. so not sure how much updates they've had since.

This game is not BAD. its also not godly good either.
that price increase seems like a.. really?

$24.99 is a solid price for sure. reddit is mentioning frequent sales. even more on sale this weekend?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
last played 2020. so not sure how much updates they've had since.

This game is not BAD. its also not godly good either.
that price increase seems like a.. really?

$24.99 is a solid price for sure. reddit is mentioning frequent sales. even more on sale this weekend?
It will be on sale for a week at 76% off starting the 22nd. I think that is PC version only.

As far as survival games go, it is probably the best out there. Especially with all the mods that are out for it.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
last played 2020
I see your last played 2020 and raise you last played 2019.

My opinion has been 'fuck these devs' ever since alpha 7? Whichever one it was when they added a block damage multiplier when zombies couldnt path to you. Horde night defenses went from elaborate and masterfully constructed trap rooms to stupid ass single block pathways that exploited the stupid ai. Seemed like they were far too concerned with making sure players conformed to their vision of gameplay and squashing emergence/innovation which is probably my single biggest pet peeve with game devs.

Can't complain too much though because I definitely got my money's worth before that change.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I've got 778 hours into it. It's a good game.
How dare you
1713655212017.png

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see your last played 2020 and raise you last played 2019.

My opinion has been 'fuck these devs' ever since alpha 7? Whichever one it was when they added a block damage multiplier when zombies couldnt path to you. Horde night defenses went from elaborate and masterfully constructed trap rooms to stupid ass single block pathways that exploited the stupid ai. Seemed like they were far too concerned with making sure players conformed to their vision of gameplay and squashing emergence/innovation which is probably my single biggest pet peeve with game devs.

Can't complain too much though because I definitely got my money's worth before that change.
I think that was closer to like 11 or 12. But yeah, that shit sucked.