90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone post Sugar Ray yet?

Pretty ironic that their first album was titled 14:59 as a reference saying their 15 minutes of fame were almost up, considering how famous Mark McGrath has gotten as a TV personality lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
More highly played songs I never got sick of

Tho for crazy I unironically prefer the Mushroomhead cover

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Interstate Love Song is still top 10 of all time for me. Under The Bridge is on that list too.
I appreciate RHCP, but have never really gotten in to them. I can fumble my way through a few of their easier songs on bass though!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone post Sugar Ray yet?

Pretty ironic that their first album was titled 14:59 as a reference saying their 15 minutes of fame were almost up, considering how famous Mark McGrath has gotten as a TV personality lol

He still gets legitimately mad if you call him Sugar Gay.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Lots of people don't recognize the title of this song but you've definitely heard it... "Well I finally found a reason I don't need an excuse, I've got this time on my hands, you are the one to abuse"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i like how after 10ish pages no one has said any boy band or teenie girl

britney-dancing.gif

can't stand any of this bitches songs tho
GettyImages-1199333375.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think anyone's mentioned any Foo Fighters songs yet? Definitely got played a TON but maybe the fact that they're *still* so ubiquitous 30 years later makes us not associate them with the 90s anymore???

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like how after 10ish pages no one has said any boy band or teenie girl

britney-dancing.gif

can't stand any of this bitches songs tho
GettyImages-1199333375.jpg
one of my friends was what i would call obsessed with Mariah Carey, he knew all her songs, all her everythig. he was a font of Mariah trivia. he even had a life size display cutout of her in his bedroom. this isnt a teenager. this is a man in his 20s. so through him i learned more about her than any normal person should have a reason knowing, she's good people. her 4 octaves vocals saves her from being just another chick singer from the 90s. i have no problems with her.

she does an amazing version of without you.

of course if you really want to be blown away, i recommend the Air Supply version

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Eiffel 65 - Blue

Liked it at first (I was 12 years old and the video blew my mind). Then I heard it a kajillion times. ...then years later I started loving it again. 🙃
My daughter likes the new bullshit version. It says freakin' on the radio.

• 1WTF

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I can listen to most 90's music, because it's a "good" kind of nostalgic. But I really don't like this garbage.

It's hardly the masterpiece that is their first single, Pepper. And even that isn't great, but I still don't mind it.
Honestly, it reminds me a little bit about Nada Surf Popular, for some reason.