A 30 year quest/dream maybe this week

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks, they're not all cowboys. Some are Indian, some are mountain/men trappers and some of animals etc...Most were western life which meant cowboys. He did a much wider range in paintings and they are interesting, just not my thing for whatever reason.

I have no way to know but I think the two I was most interested in were bought for display. Not necessarily museums but several places have one on display related to a business etc...

They have a coule of auctions a year but I'm skittish of bidding on one that I couldn't attend in person or have my sister do it. I know, the internet and all but that's just me.

Oh well, most of them auction in NY and that's not really going to happen. Which makes sense since the majority of them were sold in NY thru Tiffany's.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Was it this thread you guys were talking about cigars and Borzak mentioned the Acids? Based on that I was all "well I'm young, if all the other youngsters like em I may as well try em". Goddamn those are awful. It's like smoking a goddamn potpourri bag. Bleh.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We need an official "I have money but am so horribly insecure with my life I need to go on the internet and tell everyone" thread so it doesn't pop up in like a dozen of them here

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We need an official "I have money but am so horribly insecure with my life I need to go on the internet and tell everyone" thread so it doesn't pop up in like a dozen of them here
Doesn't matter, it bleeds into every thread. That's why I derailed this with Ys.

Borzak

Was it this thread you guys were talking about cigars and Borzak mentioned the Acids? Based on that I was all "well I'm young, if all the other youngsters like em I may as well try em". Goddamn those are awful. It's like smoking a goddamn potpourri bag. Bleh.
Wasn't me. If you get them again don't store them in the same humdior as other cigars either. A cigar should taste like tobacco, but mayve that's just me.

Sorry I started the thread, was excited about something I worked towards for 30 years. I'm out, moving where I don't even get internet and I don't even own a personal cell phone. Enjoy.

I would change the thread title but I don't think I can edit it.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah just poking, i get the excitement. Vinen is way more obnoxious than you.

Borzak

Sorry on edge some. A lady in our accounting department left and when she did she emailed out the master password to our deal where people log their hours etc..It has pay in it. I only log in to approve that I worked 40 hours that week (duh) and it has accumulated vacation and sick time etc...Apparently it went to everyone in the company including the shop etc. I took a half week off, picked a good week I guess to stay home.

We have a meeting scheduled Monday on it and it's scheduled for 6 hours. I don't set pay. Don't give a shit either.

Anyway now I'm off for the weekend and shopping for a gift for my sister for going to Dallas for me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sorry on edge some. A lady in our accounting department left and when she did she emailed out the master password to our deal where people log their hours etc..It has pay in it. I only log in to approve that I worked 40 hours that week (duh) and it has accumulated vacation and sick time etc...Apparently it went to everyone in the company including the shop etc. I took a half week off, picked a good week I guess to stay home.

We have a meeting scheduled Monday on it and it's scheduled for 6 hours. I don't set pay. Don't give a shit either.

Anyway now I'm off for the weekend and shopping for a gift for my sister for going to Dallas for me.
I work as an IT auditor at a large bank, and I'm continually amazed at how some folks manage access to critical applications like this. The bank itself is mature enough that it is extremely unlikely that a disgruntled employee could cause damage like you describe, but last year I audited one of our recent acquisitions and found that they were storing passwords for people's user ids in their active directory profile comments... in plain text...

Sorry you have to endure a 6 hour meeting because no one thought to implement role based access.

Borzak

Dunno. I fired our IT guy a few weeks ago. Those in the office only log into approve our time sheet which doesn't amount to anything since everyone is on salary. I log in Friday morning and approve a 40 hour sheet regardless. No idea what the shop does. I assume since the shop is griping they can log in not from our computers since nobody in the shop has a computer at all.