A Series of Unfortunate Events

Braen

<Medals Crew>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
mZ8rHUE9zT6gQ4vPfmhPtnn5uS8.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]A Series of Unfortunate Events[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-01-13[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]After the loss of their parents in a mysterious fire, the three Baudelaire children face trials and tribulations attempting to uncover dark family secrets.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Netflix is putting out a show for this book series. I am currently reading the series to my kids.

It's got NPH as Count Olaf and Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snicket.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Have never read a single one of these books, have no idea what it's about. But if they've got NPH and Patrick Warburton on board I don't see how I can say no.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This could be really cool. Its been forever since I read the books, but I remember them being pretty dark as far as kids books go. The movie was alright, but it makes way ,ore sense to do this series as a TV...series, since it is a series of unfortunate events.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched the first episode and hated it. It just seemed...I don't know, like it was trying too hard? I know the series pre-dates Pushing Daisies, but it seemed like a bad copycat.

Feels like another in a string of misses this year for Netflix.

Also, McCheese, it seems like the bulk of people online who enjoy it are those who read the books already. "It captures the books really well" is something I read a lot.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Is this show suitable for kids? They all loved the books so much, which is kind of odd as they are so dark.

Is there a rating? I can't find one.

Edit, never mind, Netflix says it is aimed at audiences 11-12 years old.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Edit, never mind, Netflix says it is aimed at audiences 11-12 years old.

That's odd. Initially I thought "Is this for kids?" because it seems silly. But it got fairly dark after the initial introduction of the children.

I've never read the books, but I did see the movie with Jim Carrey a few years back. Honestly, don't remember much about it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I watched the first episode and hated it. It just seemed...I don't know, like it was trying too hard? I know the series pre-dates Pushing Daisies, but it seemed like a bad copycat.

Feels like another in a string of misses this year for Netflix.

Also, McCheese, it seems like the bulk of people online who enjoy it are those who read the books already. "It captures the books really well" is something I read a lot.

Netflix is doing alright. Stranger Things, Narco's, Travellers, Gilmore Girls, they even had this Brazillian Sci-fi-ish show that was... well, obvious, but quality. I can't remember the name of that show. 3%? Something like that. And there's probably a couple of others that I'm just forgetting off the top of my head.

Netflix is just pushing a LOT of content this past year.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the first episode and hated it. It just seemed...I don't know, like it was trying too hard?

I watched the first two episodes and had the same opinion. It's very over the top which can be fine when that's what the show is trying to do but this just feels forced and fake. The show tries to be cute and clever but falls flat. The children are also terrible actors.

The end of episode 2 made it seem like it may be worth sticking it out over (the whole secret organizations bit and the symbol they've shown a few times) but the first two episodes were not a very good intro.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
through the first three episodes. I think its fantastic so far, very much matches the tone of the books.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Through the first four episodes so far and loving it. As per someone's earlier comment as I said I haven't read a single one of the books (or watched the movie) and have found it enjoyable so far. I'm actually somewhat hooked in at this point. NPH is going pretty over the top, but that seems to be perfectly in line with the character, and I can't imagine Jude Law in the role Warburton is doing.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Through episode 5 now. Starting to believe this may be something special. Episode 3 had me laughing out loud numerous times with how it acknowledged exactly what it was in the media world, and it just kind of gotten smarter since then. Can't recommend enough for those of us that are still kids at heart, but adults in mind, which i suspect is most of us.

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
If I was gonna go gay, it might be for NPH. Dude has some acting chops and (maybe more importantly) a good feel for roles he can rock out.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If I was gonna go gay, it might be for NPH. Dude has some acting chops and (maybe more importantly) a good feel for roles he can rock out.
America's second favorite homo , after Kuriin .

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
He is most certainly crushing it in this role. It must be awesome as an actor to be able to play a new character being played by your actual character every 2 episodes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My wife binged this in a day and the glimpses I saw seemed pretty stupid. I asked her what it was all about after the last scene and she couldn't explain. To her defense she fell asleep in the middle and was probably browsing Instagram the rest of the time.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This was... OK I guess? It wasn't particularly interesting or funny, but it was different enough that I enjoyed it.