A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ah I see it now. Of course, its 45 fucking chapters later when Sam reaches Oldtown, so I forgive myself for missing that one.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ah I see it now. Of course, its 45 fucking chapters later when Sam reaches Oldtown, so I forgive myself for missing that one.
Yeah that was pretty deep into the book. AFFC grew on me a great deal on the reread though. I didn't particularly like it the first time reading it since it felt like not a lot happened and it was missing a lot of the better characters. On the reread though there was a lot of great stuff in it.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have any of you tried combining AFFC and ADWD into one giant book? And was it any more enjoyable? I'm considering tryingthiswhen I reread them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jaqen kills the apprentice and takes over his form after buying the key. He's with the crazy maester in the room with the Burning Obsidian glass candle.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I guess the assumption is that Jaqen was sent by Varys to make sure that the Maesters don't pick up their old dragonslaying habits?

Xasten_sl

shitlord
So I guess the assumption is that Jaqen was sent by Varys to make sure that the Maesters don't pick up their old dragonslaying habits?
The general theory is that Euron's dragon egg that he "threw off the boat in a foul mood" was actually payment to the Faceless Men for Balon Greyjoy's murder. Jaqen is supposedly trying to get into the Citadel to get the last known copy of Blood and Fire the book on raising dragons.

Euron paid the Faceless Men with his dragon egg - General (ASoIaF) - A Forum of Ice and Fire

(Spoilers All) A theory re the Faceless Men and the Greyjoys : asoiaf

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the book would make sense. Either to destroy it, so they lose the knowledge of how they got rid of dragons, or to steal it for Dany. And Euron was involved with Balon's death for sure. Beyond that, I'm content to wait and see. Thanks.

Sam somehow winding up with Dany while possessing the only recorded knowledge of dragons would be an fun and absurd outcome.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fat timid bookworm ending up with the most desired woman in the world?
GRRM.jpg

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
The unwritten backstory of Rorge and Biter as told by GRRM:

At the first event, the CBC radio interview, a girl asked him about Biter. She said most of his characters are somewhat grey, not totally evil.. but that there was something about Biter, and she had suspicions about him. Martin seemed to love the question, and laughed about it, and then he told us the as-yet-unwritten backstory to Biter! Here it is, if you want to know, but I guess it's SPOILERS!: Rorge owned a pot shop or bar in Flea Bottom, the really bad part of King's Landing. Rorge would stage rat fights, and dog fights, bear cub fights, etc., and make money of these fights. At some point he found young Biter, a big ugly kid with no parents or something like that, and took him in. Rorge starting putting Biter into the fights, fighting mastiffs and bear cubs, etc. And then he said something like "And all of this led to his winning personality! So there you go, that's the backstory for Biter that I haven't written yet, but I might!"

The Citadel: So Spake Martin - Canadian Signing Tour (Vancouver)

Edit: I think we can extrapolate from that:

Biter has pointed teeth because it's effective in the pit fighting. He's so animalistic because he was raised that way by Rorge. He goes crazy when Rorge dies because he looks to Rorge the way a dog looks to his owner. And his experience fighting animals is why he's able to defeat Brienne so easily and doesn't go down when she cuts open his belly.

It also possibly explains why they're in the black cells. Imprisoned for Pit Fighting.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
After thinking about it a bit this morning; It's irresponsible of Dany to have such a desire for the Iron Throne knowing she can bear no heirs. The kingdom can only fall into anarchy again upon her death due to the lack of a Targaryen successor.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Considering the sitting king is a product of secret incest (rather than official one like all the targaryens!) and has no Baratheon or Targaryen in them I doubt the moral issue of being barren strongly dissuades her from taking the throne.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
After thinking about it a bit this morning; It's irresponsible of Dany to have such a desire for the Iron Throne knowing she can bear no heirs. The kingdom can only fall into anarchy again upon her death due to the lack of a Targaryen successor.
What thread is this? Spoilers right?

She gets her period, she can have kids again.

edit: as well, her being barren isn't well known. She could fake a pregnancy or something.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and I don't know why she'd assume she's barren. She had a stillborn son because blood magic (maybe).

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
What thread is this? Spoilers right?

She gets her period, she can have kids again.

edit: as well, her being barren isn't well known. She could fake a pregnancy or something.
I totally forgot she has a menstruation cycle at the end of book 5. That makes the story work for me again. I was just caught up thinking about this long, long, very long epic quest to retake the throne in the Targaryen name that was only going to last her lifetime and then fall out again.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I totally forgot she has a menstruation cycle at the end of book 5. That makes the story work for me again. I was just caught up thinking about this long, long, very long epic quest to retake the throne in the Targaryen name that was only going to last her lifetime and then fall out again.
Nah, you're still right, because she's freeing the slaves and shit in Eastaros while "thinking" of the iron throne as her ultimate goal before she's back into reproductive shape.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Targaryen's have been known to spontaneously change sex in a single sex environment... or something...

it is known!