Aarklash Legacy

Troll_sl

shitlord
http://www.aarklash-legacy.com/?lang=en

Just started this and so far I'm liking it. It's a squad-based tactical RPG. Graphics are great. Gameplay so far isn't too hard, but I'm playing on medium (there's easy, medium, hard and fuck-you-you're-insane), so hopefully the higher difficulties give more challenge. There's a pause function and a lot of fights depend on you being able to recognize your opponent's abilities and counter them properly.

Edit: It's up on Steam if you're interested.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the heads up on this game Troll. I do love me some turn-based RPG's and this game delivers. Good voice acting, fun gameplay and definitely a challenge on hard mode so far. Price is right as well.

Szlia

This is based on a french miniature game called Confrontation that was well known for having great art, magnificently sculpted minis and... messy and unbalanced rules that kept changing. It might still be a mess in the video game, but at least the balance issues that came from composing squads with a point system and the piles of FAQ, errata and revisions should be gone.

That being said, Arkeon Sanath 4 ever!

rrr_img_43365.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awesome game, save often though I just died and fucked myself out of an entire level almost completed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tg6kwGK.jpg

Current party, though thinking of switching out orc healer for kangaroo healer, she seems to be the better choice. Then again all the skill trees are so meaningful I pine over who to use when etc, never has a skill tree made such a difference in play style/group dynamic. Everyone has ups and downs but everyone is awesome at what they do, Webaroo may be the better healer but you can spec orc to make any heal cause damage effectively negating priests, can also combine it with your own heals to cause major damage. So much to talk about but would rather keep playing. Strategy game of the year for sure.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Played this for a few hours tonight, playing on hard and man is it a challenge. Pretty much every encounter that has a boss in it is taking me at least a few tries. Usually get curbstomped on the first attempt. Love it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Could someone give me a comparison of this to a more popular rpg? Still not sure exactly what type of game this is.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It plays like temple of the element evil where you have to pause to adjust actions constantly. The action can play out in real time but you would die every battle if you do not pause and plan.

I find myself pausing after every action just to stay alive, often reloading and quickly adjusting my skill trees in order to survive. ToEE is closest thing I can think of in terms of how you play it but the depth of this game is almost endless. As soon as I find a party that works I realize something else could work better, enemies throw new shit at you all the time as well keeping each battle unique.

Just realized putting the two healers in my party using the reverse heal debuff then smashing the kangaroo healing glaive through entire party plus debuffed mob as needed makes hardest setting a whole lot easier.

Story is engaging and I dare say the characters are equally unique and for lack of a better word lovable. The banter between some of the character rivals that of dragon age, voice acting is also top notch which really sells it.

Must play for anyone IMO, for some reason the game reminds me of magic the gathering too. Almost like the characters represent various decks and you need to squeeze everything you can out of it to win. I could keep gushing but more shit to kill and I really want to see WTF is up with the Patrons(story)

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Protip: Save the game (F5) before you open a chest and keep reloading (F9) for a shot at an epic item.

This game is kicking my ass on hardmode but I can't stop playing. The combat and character banter reminds me a lot of Baldur's Gate.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've spent the last hour or so trying to beat a Major Elemental of Light that spawns some little guys. He has a healing aura healing the small adds, the adds cast a heal on the main boss. I have no fucking clue how to beat this guy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I got raped by that Major Light Elemental when I first encountered it. Go clear the rest of the map and then come back to it, you should level up another time or two and get another skill tree point for each person, then it'll be a lot easier when you come back. What I did was invest a skill tree point into the defensive skill for the tank character, making the armor bonus 100% and reducing the cooldown to like 20 seconds. Ignore the adds, once you get the elemental down to 50% he kills off all his adds, but goes into a frenzy mode doing a LOT more damage to your tank, this is the point that you want to keep that armor skill up constantly. Basically you can have double armor for 15 out of every 20 seconds. It helps a lot. (this was all on Hard, btw) I didn't bother trying to interrupt any of his skills, I just kept my healer and mage out at max range(but spread out), and only had the tank and rogue in next to the boss(on opposite sides). He'll pretty much stay on the tank 100% of the time, he has no real AOE damage, so you can leech life for mana with your healer on the rogue and mage as much as you want, and just make sure to have them next to the boss when the big AE heal timer goes off each time and it's basically endless healer mana, easy to keep the tank alive.

Really like the game. Some of the harder fights reminds me a little bit of mini-EQ/WoW raids. Gotta keep an eye on boss skills for interrupts, running in and out of AE range, etc. The fights look to be really, really mobile. You need tons of movement and perfect timing if you want to make it through on harder difficulties.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Don't forget you can reset your skill trees any time, so if one setup
isn't working for a boss try another.