Across the Obelisk

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We thought this would be fairly 'meh' multiplayer and yet we've been having a blast with it.

Only have a few characters unlocked and haven't really done much of anything with customizing decks, but there certainly seems plenty of opportunities to do so.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I was surprised how well this makes you feel like you're getting stronger each run. Both through knowledge of the game and also perks, unlocked cards, and town upgrades. I've unlocked most of the heroes and 5 pets. Not sure how much madness I'll do but its been a great ride so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I was surprised how well this makes you feel like you're getting stronger each run. Both through knowledge of the game and also perks, unlocked cards, and town upgrades. I've unlocked most of the heroes and 5 pets. Not sure how much madness I'll do but its been a great ride so far.
I haven't played the release version with the new perks and stuff, but it was a very solid like 100 hours getting all the unlocks and stuff. I didn't enjoy the madness stuff so much

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider

The madness modifiers are a mixed bag - lots of things that just make it harder or more annoying. I don't think I'd ever turn Random Combats off though, the mini bosses add a lot to the game. You kinda get a feel for it anyway - if it's too easy and you are still interested in playing, start adding madness levels - madness II and restricted power stop a lot of the insanely overpowered combos you can do in the base game.

I got a high rank M16 run, but I don't know that I would do it again - it's too stressful, any mistake is punished severely, and I enjoy the game more for mindless fun.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing I won't do much madness stuff. I prefer messing around with suboptimal but fun builds in games like these, rather than trying to push the envelope.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At this point I don't know how I'd survive without Poison/Bleed/Burning stacking to ludicrous levels. Did a run with the Mindflayer and the Bard cranking out Insanity like they were in Arkham Asylum and yet every boss died from poison due to a 'when you apply insanity also apply poison' item on the bard.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Great fucking game. Incredible time waster for $15. One of the better roguelikes I've seen in that you seemingly get "stronger" each failed run.

• 2Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this game is crazy fun. I just did my first Madness 1 run (40 perk points at the moment). It's definitely a big jump in difficulty. I won but it was actually challenging. I've been blowing through no madness runs just to get perk points and cards unlocked but I think Madness 1 will be the new baseline for a while.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
New DLC announced, art in this feels a little off. Over 200 hours in the game so far, will be a buy for sure anyways.

• 2Like