Actraiser Renaissance

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1632497860503.png

1632497753408.png

Heaven, earth and mankind - Create and destroy everything according to your will! Experience the revival of the '90s classic hit "Actraiser"

Hopefully a non terrible remake because we need one of those more than ever right now. Such fond memories of this one.

Improved combat and QOL too, nice.

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
DLed it before I went to work, I’ll report back if I can get some time with it this weekend.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 374154
View attachment 374153

Hopefully a non terrible remake because we need one of those more than ever right now. Such fond memories of this one.

Improved combat and QOL too, nice.

This looks really good, super high-effort remaster. They added some new postgame-type content too, it appears.

Had no idea this was even a thing in development, I'll definitely put it on the list and go through it eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn’t mind hearing some opinions on the Castlevanias also but maybe need to bump another thread for that.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The fact there's new challenge bosses
is what put me over.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I remember playing Actraiser as a kid. I visited my cousins house and we rented it for 1 day because that is all the money we could pool. We stayed up all night to beat the game - he did the action level parts and then I did the town building parts

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God. I may buy a switch just to play this on a Nintendo product for maximum 12 year old nostalgia goggles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
God. I may buy a switch just to play this on a Nintendo product for maximum 12 year old nostalgia goggles.

Also on mobiles. I mean don't see a point in buying a Switch just so it's on a "Nintendo product" when it's not really anything like the old SNES anyway, and you can use a SNES pad on PC if that's what you want. Obviously the Switch has other games that are worth buying just seems like a waste for just this one. I'm waiting for these new LCD ones to release and possibly lower the price of the standard Switch first though personally.

• 1Like

Caeden

Also on mobiles. I mean don't see a point in buying a Switch just so it's on a "Nintendo product" when it's not really anything like the old SNES anyway, and you can use a SNES pad on PC if that's what you want. Obviously the Switch has other games that are worth buying just seems like a waste for just this one. I'm waiting for these new LCD ones to release and possibly lower the price of the standard Switch first though personally.
You are applying wayyyy too much logic here; throw that shit out. But I definitely would get it on PC before Mobile. It'd be more about fun memories sitting on the floor playing Actraiser on my SNES. Dial that logic back to non-existent impulse purchase driven by 100% memberberries.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New music is fantastic (You can toggle back to original music too). Graphics are great, they did an amazing job here. I recommend playing on Hard, Normal is pretty easy. The new RTS element where monster hordes attack the settlement they added to the city management game is a good addition, helps break up that part of the game. Can’t wait to see what else they added. About done with the first map. This is how you do a remake.

Playing on 85” in 4K with a 7.2 surround is fucking glorious.

D47A2165-57F4-426E-981A-58024C8C7007.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

New music is fantastic (You can toggle back to original music too). Graphics are great, they did an amazing job here. I recommend playing on Hard, Normal is pretty easy. The new RTS element where monster hordes attack the settlement they added to the city management game is a good addition, helps break up that part of the game. Can’t wait to see what else they added. About done with the first map. This is how you do a remake.

Playing on 85” in 4K with a 7.2 surround is fucking glorious.

View attachment 374271
PS5?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
PC, streaming to my TV via Nvidia Shield Pro.

• 1Like

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
I dont know what it was about this game when I was a kid, but I used to LOVE this game. I was telling my 11 year old the other day that I wish they would add the game to the snes thing on the switch. We literally had like a 20 minute conversation about the game.

I lay in bed this week with the switch and see the nintendo direct on the news feed. Pulled it up and I saw the freaking remake. I damn near shit the bed, I had no idea it was even a thing. Instant buy for me. At the second area now and yeah the new little tower defense quests are a nice addition along with the "hero" units. Soundtrack is also a fantastic upgrade. Been humming that damn fillmore soundtrack for 3 days now.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now all I need is an Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre remaster and my life is complete

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Now all I need is an Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre remaster and my life is complete
Those are still very playable with their pixels graphics. I would not turn either down though. I spent a lot of time on Ogre Battle as a kid. Still have both games.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wouldn’t mind hearing some opinions on the Castlevanias also but maybe need to bump another thread for that.
There's some emulator modded "Holy Crusade" version of Super Castlevania (I believe) that are super high rated