Ad Astra (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

terrible
so by my bad guesstimates, he had to be traveling at like a million miles per hour and should have felt something like 50g

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't seen it yet but was really hoping this was going to be a good one. Was it even worse than Space Cowboys?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Space Cowboys at least had a cast you could like and is kind of a fun movie IMO. This has the cast but such a bad story the only redeeming efforts to enjoy in the movie are the FX - and they fall woefully short of making up for the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
let's put brad pitt in space, have a gattaca like setting but have him be unemotional like christian bale equilibrium, and somehow a story will come out of it, but never does.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It is an average movie, the story is okay, and the visual effect is okay. Like many already said, Interstellar or Gravity has better visual effect, The Matrian and First Man has better stories.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Surprise Death Monkeys In Space.

What a dumb fucking movie.

They didn't do any editing on the this because there would have been nothing left if they cut out all the crap.

• 1Like

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heard it's similar like Gravity but seeing posts here and reviews I'm glad I dodged a bullet on this one. If I ever get bored enough there is a chance I will watch it.

Szlia

I feel it is worth watching as there are many good scenes and good ideas in the film, it's just that they do not coalesce properly and are used to poorly tell a dumb story.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's Apocalypse Now but in space but it's way worse than the original. Visuals were ok I guess but the whole second half of the movie is nonsense.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Everything about this movie was shit except the visuals. The visuals were pretty good.

The worst thing about this movie is that it claimed it was going to be the most realistic portrayal of space in any movie and it turned out to be possibly the most unrealistic. Like when he used a door hatch as a shield to push through planetary ring of Neptune which would have had whipping rocks at him and his dumb shield at thousands of miles per hour, immediately throwing his stupid ass into the void of space.

Dont really get people who are praising Pitt's acting either. He is emotionless and monotone practically the entire movie.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just saw this, great visuals, well directed, and well acted and that's it, uninspired story and even worse ending.

• 1Like

Szlia

Spoiler ahead but.... If you want to talk about unrealistic things, the whole plot is about bringing a guy to Mars so he can broadcast a message to his father day after day, because apparently, somewhere in the near future, humanity lost the abilities to record the human voice and to transfer files wirelessly...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw this on a flight from VA to CA; I finished it and at the end went "Well I saw that." And I have no interest of ever seeing it again. Not for the same reasons as say, Joker, where it was so uncomfortably good that I just don't want to be in that much tension again willingly. This was... just kind of boring shit happening in space. And then Tommy Lee Jones. And then... the end. Just really not interesting at all for the most part.

I also saw Ready or Not on the same flight; holy shit was that movie awesome. Watch that instead.

• 1Like