After Earth

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Movie sounds kinda boring to be honest, and there doesn't appear to be any sort of M. Night Shamalanian twist.

http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/afterearth.html
I won't go see a Shamalacrap movie...but reading that..I don't get it? How has everything evolved to kill humans? Why? Did he just say that because it sounded cool? It doesn't sound like anything special happened except for environmental damage. Which is also dumb, because if we could master interstellar travel, I'm sure trash clean up wouldn't be too difficult.

I hate that this guy gets money to make movies. It' boggles the fucking mind.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
there doesn't appear to be any sort of M. Night Shamalanian twist.
Spoiled in the trailer, M. Night is probably raging or rocking back and forth in a corner in the fetal position somewhere at this very moment
tongue.png

Going off of the trailer this movie looks a lot like Hatchet except survivor boy has a cyber suit/spear thing and the ship had a malfunction instead of the pilot's heart attack... oh and drones show up and start lobbing plasma beams around for some reason (baboon hunting season maybe?) lol.

It's probably worth a rent at least.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Spoiled in the trailer? Where? What? Cause I just read a complete 15 paragraph spoiler and I'm not seeing anything.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you guys talking about it being Earth as the twist and it was spoiled? That shit is even on the movies website and is revealed very early in the movie from the trailers. That isn't the twist.

OneofOne

Hope not, because as you said, it's not a secret nor are they trying to keep it one.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol one of the rotten tomatoes reviews says"The twist to M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth is that there is no twist, unless you count (all) personality being drained from Will Smith."

spronk

FPS noob
this was the perfect movie for shamalamadingdong to put in one of his twists at the end, like will smith is actually an android or they traveled backwards in time or will smiths son is a genetic clone of his dead son who can only live on earth or they find survivors on earth and turns out they have been lied too or what-the-fuck ever.

instead, it sounds like the most boring ass scifi story ever told.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Glad to know that the trailers accurately portrayed this movie as a steaming pile of shit, and that was before I knew that one of the worst directors in hollywood was involved.

Verge_sl

shitlord
Saw an advanced screening with the wifey - she's signed up for some local program that gives people free tickets to advanced screenings to create a "movie theater" atmosphere for movie critics. The story is horrible. The acting is worse. The visuals and special effects were good though. There is no MNS "shocking" moment so to speak (at least I didn't perceive one). I'd give it 1.5 of out 5 stars. Save your money & your Netflix rental when it comes out IMO.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather watch a documentary on sculpting with cat shit on Netflix before watching Pimp My Son with Will Smith.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone remember when M Night had that huge hoax i think on the sci-fi channel? In an effort to be more mystical and mysterious he had concocted some elaborate near death experience that gave him future movie premonitions or something. This from the guy who wrote Stewart little...

OneofOne

Did not know that, interesting (and sad).

Sci-Fi Channel hoax

In 2004, Shyamalan was involved in a media hoax with Sci-Fi Channel, which was eventually uncovered by the press. Sci-Fi claimed in its "documentary" special?The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan, shot on the set of The Village?that Shyamalan was dead for nearly a half-hour while drowned in a frozen pond in a childhood accident, and that upon being rescued he had experiences of communicating with spirits, fueling an obsession with the supernatural. The Sci-Fi Channel also claimed that Shyamalan had grown "sour" when the "documentary" filmmakers' questions got too personal, and had therefore withdrawn from participating and threatened to sue the filmmakers.[citation needed]

In truth, Shyamalan developed the hoax with Sci-Fi, going so far as having Sci-Fi staffers sign non disclosure agreements with a $5-million fine attached and requiring Shyamalan's office to formally approve each step. Neither the childhood accident nor the supposed rift with the filmmakers ever occurred. The hoax included a non-existent Sci-Fi publicist, "David Westover", whose name appeared on press releases regarding the special. Sci-Fi also fed false news stories to the Associated Press[23] and Zap2It,[24] among others. A New York Post news item, based on a Sci Fi press release, referred to Shyamalan's attorneys threatening to sue the filmmakers; the attorneys named were non-existent.

After an AP reporter confronted Sci-Fi Channel president Bonnie Hammer at a press conference, Hammer admitted the hoax, saying it was part of a guerrilla marketing campaign to generate pre-release publicity for The Village. This prompted Sci-Fi's parent company, NBC Universal, to state that the undertaking was "not consistent with our policy at NBC. We would never intend to offend the public or the press and we value our relationship with both."[25]

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

wtf... will smith brings out jazzy jeff to sing "the fresh prince of bell air", then he brings out alfonso (carlton) to do, the carlton... and it's all ruined cuz he sperm spawn is desperately trying to... i don't know what he's doing... but he def didn't inherit daddy's singing genes or style.

imo we can't blame will smith, any father in will smith's position would do whatever he could for his kid, the kid is just horrible, hell he's so bad i appreciate justin bieber for having talent.

of course this brought in all the related fresh prince "best of videos"

i'll just leave with this one

the last minute is the one where will and uncle phil acted the best (the missing father scene)

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Will Smith? Ugh, probably not worth seeing.
Will Smith's son? Oh god this is going to be bad.
Shyamalan? Jesus fucking christ.
I second this opinion.

Last Shamashit movie I had the displeasure of viewing was The Last Air Bender, OMG it was so horrid I could only watch like the first 20 minutes. Then we have Jaden Smith...I tried watching his new Karate Kid movie and again, I couldn't last 10-20 minutes, his acting and the damn movie were just that bad.

I was hesitant about seeing this because of Jaden but now that I know it's a Shamashit movie as well, pass.