After the Dark (2013)

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
I tried searching for this movie and didnt find any threads about it

After the Dark is a movie about a group of high school students in a philosophy class and given a thought experiment to play through. Along with interesting scenarios given for each student. Its a very strange movie but a good watch for me who likes movies that make me think like Inception.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually no, they get the premise completely wrong. I don't think the idea that you should remove feelings/bias ever gets suggested. Their solution is to just pick people who are fun and party it up... and then end with a fucking out of nowhere creepy chick was fucking the professor ending.

2/10 do not bang.

No apologies for any spoilers. They're favors.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"The premise of a film or screenplay is the fundamental concept that drives the plot."

The premise was good, the plot was not.

faille

Molten Core Raider
You can't really say it was out of nowhere when you can see that coming from a mile a way. In fact it was so obvious that I was more annoyed at their there wasn't a twist to it

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw this movie on here as I was searching for something I havent seen. Do not waste your time on this epic piece of shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Despite the warnings had to experience this for myself. Movie is aggressively bad. If you really enjoy hating a movie, the characters, and writer / director, this could be for you.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
It presented some interesting questions, but the execution was horrendous It doesn't make any sense for these supposed "top students" to get so emotionally invested in their thought experiment-selves. It's obvious the purpose of the experiment is to question the nature of what gives a person value, and how there is often more to that than their profession, orientation, medical status, or what have you. They all seemed to take exclusion from the imaginary bunker as a personal slight or a real discussion of who they were going to actually kill off, even after they knew the experiment would be iterated multiple times.

Nothing else made sense, either. You can't hide around a corner in a thought experiment. Imagine describing that in the classroom. "Oh yeah teacher, you might have forced the rest of the students out of the room with your imaginary gun, but guess what, I hid around the corner and then I STABBED YOU IN THE NECK." Its all so childish and nonsensical. And the end? Jesus. Mass suicide because apparently people in the arts can't feed themselves on a tropical island without a scientist helping them out. Yeah, well thought out.

And to top it all off, a creepy love triangle with the teacher? Was that even remotely necessary? How was that even supposed to work? Philosophy teacher proves he's better for the blonde girl because he has an imaginary gun and door code to an imaginary bunker he thought up for an imaginary apocalypse. Oh, and the boyfriend is imaginarily gay because the teacher rigged the drawing. Every girl is sure to swoon at the genius of such a plan.

Been a while since this thread was active, but I figured I would try to save anybody reading from wasting their time on this trash since its on Netflix.