AI Image Generation

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I highly recommend this youtube channel for some fascinating and quick info on the latest in graphical developments in AI and some more general AI related stuff. In addition to having a goofy and endearing accent the guy is a real expert in his field has lots of links/sources to all his stuff so you can find out more too. heres an example -

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Since I only have 4gig of vram, I've never really been able to do bigger more detailed images. I can sometimes squeeze out a 1k by 1k right after a fresh reboot. So I started playing with the scaling options on the newish "Extras" tab.

These are a new model mix I'm working on. Been making some asiatic half elves and I think they are turning out really lovely.

Here's the "Nearest" which I think is just a typical paint program resize for reference:
Nearest_00000.png

And Lanczos, which I really can't see any difference between Nearest:
Lanczos_00000.png

ScuNET GAN, which seems to lose some of the shiny highlights:
ScuNETGAN_00001.png

ScuNET PSNR which looks just like the GAN to me:
ScuNETPSNR_00001.png

And ESR GAN which seems to add some noise to the eyes... hmm the ESR Image is too big, probably all that noise making it hard to compress.

And finally SwinIR4x which seems to stylize the image a bit. Looks kind of painterly
SwinIR4x_00001.png

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Any of you guys mess around with video generation yet? My computer can't handle it. Looks like some of it is publicly available and relatively robust already tho.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Latest thing I tried was control net, and I couldn't use any of it. The low vram switch is for 8gig cards so I guess that is the minimum till someone does some serious pruning.

BTW, windows seems way better at keeping vram defragged.
00005.png

I love this one with the moon. Maybe nobody will notice the dwarf arm
00015.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW if any of you are into realistic humans, the ares model is pretty good for that.
04314-1440063040-solo, confident pose, masterpiece_1.3, best quality_1.3, realistic realism, b...png

I was trying to use it here for my elf prompt but it just doesn't have that uncannyness I'm looking for. My early stuff really has that "other" feel to it on most of them. I could only sort of halfway get there with the higher res shots above.

Both ares and the one above love to give women a huge nose. Messing with sizes on noses and eyes really tips the ageyness towards the low end. I was having to put 10 synonyms for "young" in the negative prompt to get anything reasonable.

Both ares and chillout are really good at putting in subtle asymmetries in facial structure and even facial pose.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Failed utterly at making Elf monks. Seems impossible to make a poor sweaty athletic looking elf at least with the model I mixed up.

Here's the model's idea of "peasant clothes"
00436-1693833871-1 girl, masterpiece_1.3, best quality_1.3, realistic realism, blonde hair, (b...png

I made an accidental necromancer (look at the creepy stuff going on around the collar bone)
00452-3952528267-1 girl, masterpiece_1.3, best quality_1.3, realistic realism, blonde hair, (b...png

Also "martial pose" is great for monk poses, but it usually places the hands out in front. They are often in view even in close ups like the above shots, and the fingers always look like they were caught in a gearbox.

• 2Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
look at this, it doenst even make sense how fast this shits getting better

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the imperfections seen in the AI generated stuff here there on purpose, especially the hands/fingers? Not sure how those can get fucked up so consistently.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Not sure how those can get fucked up so consistently.
It's because the model is predicting pixel colors, not "drawing hands". It doesn't actually know what a hand looks like, except in the sense of some latent multidimensional statistical abstraction. In the current tools there's no executive oversight going "dude, that's a hand and you put eight fingers, wtf."

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A decent heuristic to think about is early work on edge detection and how that sort of thinking affects hands and feet. How many edges does an arm have? Just the outside, relative to your body, and the inside. How many does a boob? One more than the arm if you consider the boob to be three sides of a square. How about something more complicated like a nose? The outside boundaries where the nose meets the face and the nostrils. Now take fingers, how many edges are there? At least 10 per hand. Now consider that predicting each edge has some error probability and that these probabilities aren't independent. And so you end up with a magnitude of an error greater than other edge representation of body parts.

Now modern AI isn't edge detection but latent feature detection and there are many more latent features than edges. And so the compounding of error is greater relative to features representing other body parts.

• 5Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
wasn’t here a midjourney thread somewhere I can’t find it now is it merged? Anyone taking requests? I was hoping for - female LeBron James, pregnant

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
wasn’t here a midjourney thread somewhere I can’t find it now is it merged? Anyone taking requests? I was hoping for - female LeBron James, pregnant
Was merged with a couple others. There is a NSFW one also.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
these announcements from nvidia are pretty nutso

basically every game dev is gonna use this shit, you can customize picasso to make 3d models for you, then put them in your game. presumably picasso could also be trained to make zones dungeons etc. Nemo could be used to make endless quests (ever quest?) shits gonna be nifty.

• 4Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain