AI images

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd support keeping AI boobie pictures in a thread in the apr0n subforum and keep this thread for funny/artistic/thematic stuff.

Kitten pile eyebleach, today they visited the New York Stock Exchange. The one in the back found some left over snow in the bathroom I think.

1678541352474.png

1678541435256.png

1678541769327.png

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We might be looking at evidence of an advanced ancient civilization. How else could they have known?

1678546743424.png

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

Every mid tier and below nsfw artist is gonna be put out of work soon enough;
There used to be a solid lucrative side gig field for DnD character commissions. and, custom portraits for crpgs. its brutal. Any dnd or crpg reddit has people making custom portraits now via A.I. to perfectly match your character in minutes.

Does the A.I. have a hard time with hands and feet for the same reason real artists do, or is it becuase real artists suck at hands and feet and cheat it so much, the A.I. is copying them?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Does the A.I. have a hard time with hands and feet for the same reason real artists do, or is it becuase real artists suck at hands and feet and cheat it so much, the A.I. is copying them?
That is a really good question. I wonder!

For art trained models I'd guess small differences in artist technique might do that, but then there are alot of models trained on real photos. I wonder if anyone who understands all the math has looked into it. Assuming there is anyone that understands it all.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There used to be a solid lucrative side gig field for DnD character commissions. and, custom portraits for crpgs. its brutal. Any dnd or crpg reddit has people making custom portraits now via A.I. to perfectly match your character in minutes.

My theory is that it's because hands often don't have all fingers visible and many cartoon characters only have 3 or 4 fingers and hands are also in all sorts of positions in human created art, resulting in the correct shape of hands not being as well embedded in the AI. Faces are far more consistently portrayed (right way up, two eyes, mouth etc) so it does those better.

Have to remember it learns in a very different way from humans, humans learn the anatomy of the human body and imagine it in a certain position and how that would look. AI just looks for things that are common in many pictures, it has basically just learned "if there's an eye shaped thing here there should be a mouth shaped thing there" although it doesn't actually know what either of those are. I only knows shapes commonly associated with those words.

I imagine an analog would be asking someone that doesn't know Chinese to create some Chinese text, you kind of know what sort of shapes Chinese letters have but have no actual understanding of them, so you would inevitably create something that looks like gibberish to anyone that reads Chinese.

It runs into similar issues creating upside down faces, it doesn't know what the hell to do since it's not really in the data set. Asked it to do a study of hands and draw some upside down faces, results speak for themselves. The model is being worked on constantly though, so this issue might well disappear soon.

1678560519937.png

1678560560965.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users