"Zombie" is blocked? Wtf?

1703879506141.png

1703879540000.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It got really good at making images that look like they're just screenshots from a film/tv show, and the more imagery of the show there is on the internet, the better it does. It adds enough minor imperfections to make it all look very real without making too many mistakes that reveal it to be an AI image. I doubt any of these would stand out as AI generated if you just stuck them in an article.

View attachment 505620View attachment 505621View attachment 505622View attachment 505623
That's because it's just copying them directly from the images in the training set. It's not generating anything, it's just smoothing.

The god emperor truly has no clothes here. They're just computationally expensive plagiarism engines.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Using an absolute shitton of compute to generate a bunch of disjointed, lifeless filler scenes that subtly shift perspective for 3 seconds is only impressive to drooling retards.
Sure, that's exactly what a hopeless pessimist with no curiosity or investment in the future would say.

You saw how fast the image generation improved and yet you're still underwhelmed by the current capabilities of the video version and don't expect rapid improvements to it over the next few months? You're the drooling retard, dude. Go tell your cats why you're right. You'll be proven wrong by the time they lose interest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sure, that's exactly what a hopeless pessimist with no curiosity or investment in the future would say.

You saw how fast the image generation improved and yet you're still underwhelmed by the current capabilities of the video version and don't expect rapid improvements to it over the next few months? You're the drooling retard, dude. Go tell your cats why you're right. You'll be proven wrong by the time they lose interest.
I literally work on platforms for Conversational and Generative AI for use in call center applications, using the very latest models and APIs. I understand how these technologies work.

The 'video version' is just a bunch of still frames at slightly different angles. It did not 'improve' someone just put the time and compute in to generate a lot of similar frames and stitched them together. It's not about pessimism or optimism or anything feelsy like that, it's about the reality of how the technology actually works.

The way you speak, it's as if believing in the AI will make it perform better in the future.

But whatever, simple-minded people are going to be amused by soulless shiny objects. Can't stop the signal.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The soulless sameness of it all doesn't fire off red flags for you? Or the fact that the more 'aligned' it gets, the more everything just looks the same?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been having fun plugging in movie quotes and famous quotes to see what it generated.

This one was the biggest letdown though
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.