AI images

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hands thing tends to happen with upscaling. These is one I posted earlier, the first one is the standard one and the second is upscaled. It adds a bunch of details (like on the robe) but usually extra fingers appear in this step as well. There's apparently ways of getting around this using a marionette (basically you supply a sketch of what the human figure should look like which it then upscales) although it seems to all be hit or miss.
It's important to realize that it has no actual understanding of what it's trying to portray, the hands thing just jumps out to our brains the quickest because it's so innately drawn to the human form. If you look at most of these pictures for longer, more things that don't make sense start to pop out (like why is there a building in front of the character's hair in the lower right corner, there shouldn't be starts shining through the moon etc)

1675334071183.png

1675334086922.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Some of those space suits are clearly inhabited by poltergeists.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last Smurf one was "papa smurf sitting at a table, alcoholic, depressed mood, cold light". Specifying a background, style, or light source can help set tone because if left alone it tends to go for neutral faces that are pretty but not as interesting as something with a bit of emotion behind it (in my view art should make you feel something or it's not art).

Example, I used "old man sitting at table, alone, outside" and specified one to be at midday and the other at sunset which already changes the mood of the image.

1675350940945.png

1675350956309.png

Let's take out the time of day and specify "tropical beach" instead and you get this which is an entirely different mood again.

1675351460381.png

• 6Like

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
while i'm thoroughly enjoying this thread and amazed by these creations, i can't help but be slightly rustled/depressed. practicing a talent for 40 years only to be wiped away by AI is kind of demoralizing. even more rustled by the proud phrasing of "here is my latest piece" and posting a generated image. i get it, you prompted the machine, but god damn it.... the amount of time and effort it would take to create comparable artwork the 'old fashioned way'. not aiming that at anyone here, something i've noticed in general and it gets me a little butthurt.

anyway, please carry on. one of my favorite threads here

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I would love to see what prompts you guys are using.
Like he said, it’s really just about being descriptive. Throw mood words in there, colors, times of day, locations, etc.

If you only just say the name of the subject in question the results usually aren’t as good.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
while i'm thoroughly enjoying this thread and amazed by these creations, i can't help but be slightly rustled/depressed. practicing a talent for 40 years only to be wiped away by AI is kind of demoralizing. even more rustled by the proud phrasing of "here is my latest piece" and posting a generated image. i get it, you prompted the machine, but god damn it.... the amount of time and effort it would take to create comparable artwork the 'old fashioned way'. not aiming that at anyone here, something i've noticed in general and it gets me a little butthurt.

Oh I agree entirely.

I don’t like how fast AI is coming along for anything. I don’t like it in the art space either, ironically to being an active participant in this thread. It’s clearly fun to use and see the results of, but it IS a bit sad. I love going to art museums (I was just at the Getty in LA a few weeks ago for instance) and while humans will always create art recreationally I do think this is clearly going to destroy art as a job for video games, TV, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Understandable. I think this sums it up.

1675359002747.png

• 3Like
  • 3Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Well, I'm starting to notice a similar pattern in some images. Like the Mars Rover, for example, it must grab a base image for these words and then remap them based on other descriptors.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm starting to notice a similar pattern in some images. Like the Mars Rover, for example, it must grab a base image for these words and then remap them based on other descriptors.
It does seem to have a limited “graphical vocabulary” for some concepts. It just wants to keep spitting out something very similar over and over.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

How many careers were wiped away by big industry outsourcing labor to 3rd world shitholes?

I am fucking ecstatic that creative jobs like this are getting a fucking gut punch. Maybe it's because I spent a few years working on Hawaii and got real godamn tired of 60 year old female "artists", that were really just divorced twunts living off their ex husband's wealth.

I love that AI is destroying the career potential of graphic artists and journalist that don't even comprehend what real work is.

• 3Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's absolutely going to shake up the artistic world although I do think it will adapt somehow. Music was similarly shaken up by the electronic synthesizer, it allowed a single artist to play many instruments without ever learning to play the actual instrument or even be able to hold time. Tons of bad music was made with it but it also allowed new styles to develop. That process has been going for five decades now, it hasn't stopped people from learning to play the guitar or enjoying live performances.

The phrasing issue I agree with but I do find myself using it at times, probably for a lack of better words to use. It's probably best to think of it like uploading a video where you play Stairway to Heaven on your guitar, it's implied that your creative contribution is limited and others deserve credit for composing the song and building the instrument.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very cool AI generated images for "1980's style dark Sci-Fi movie based on Warhammer 40k". Love it.

• 3Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Disney cartoon characters but in the style of H.R. Giger.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God