AI images

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
_0d532bce-b8c5-499f-84b5-350ebf75f9a7.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
HEY LISTEN! HEY HEY! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! HEY! You're gonna be late! HEY LISTEN!

_9ad9800d-1eeb-4561-b7a8-e6e0a5235fb0.jpg

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Luclin the Maiden of Shadows, observing from afar the events on Norrath, from her chambers in Vex Thal.

_9e2b0337-a6d6-4aaa-b6ad-00a0a1c25b63.jpg
_0aed567f-df02-4352-9923-dc3c74b9ecf8.jpg

• 11Like
  • 3Weird Boner
Reactions: 13 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Time to get started on some Legion of Mata Muram stuff from Gates of Discord. Who doesn't have fond memories of.. *checks notes* .. Pixxt Xxeric Kex... Zun'Muram Shaldn Boc.. and the unforgettable Tunat'Muram Cuu Vauax..

.. anyway here's an ukun.

_8dc08b43-0bcd-49ff-aa32-58b199209a04.jpg

• 9Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You know, Gates of Discord gets a lot of shit but to be fair they had a pretty cool idea with the interdimensional sado-masochistic invaders, a sort of mix of Warcraft's Burning Legion and the Hellraiser cenobites.. ritually scarred and mutilated shock troops, priests of pain, etc... but they had to split the expansion into two (Gates of Discord and Omens of War) and never adjusted the content to the intended increased level so we ended up with a way overtuned expansion with only a few small zones, mostly repetitive mob skins, and an uninspired story (who gave a flying fuck about saving the Taelosians we never knew existed until a week prior?).

So anyway, another of the Legion of Mata Muram, the kyv archer.

_c6b21b8a-cf3a-42cf-b0ac-cff8a882840f.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The only thing I remember about gates of discord was that I got to do a lot more dungeons for a week, then realized that doing dungeons sucked now. I think that's right when I quit eq

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

OOW/GoD era my guild was killed by WoW - the extreme jump in group power, Walls of Slaughter? or something? was hard for me as a SK, even in full elemental and decent alt slot gear (rings,earrings etc.) groups wanted pal.sk so they could keep the agro, as any non-tank was insta dead, but you needed 2 healers, to keep me up, and even 2 were good for people way better geared than I.

I rage quit when a fellow guild bro SK took the PoTime cudgel because it looked cool, never used it but just to fashion quest, while I was rocking the Water rune axe thing... so mad... our guild got 2 (or 3 maybe) of those things... was so mad and I let him get the emperor sword back in ssra, as I was to get the goldenrod (our guild got ONE and I was not there...) and he scummed me on the cudgel.

edit:
Game ended POP

Yup, even kinda wrapps up the lore into EQ2 nicely.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know, Gates of Discord gets a lot of shit but to be fair they had a pretty cool idea with the interdimensional sado-masochistic invaders, a sort of mix of Warcraft's Burning Legion and the Hellraiser cenobites.. ritually scarred and mutilated shock troops, priests of pain, etc... but they had to split the expansion into two (Gates of Discord and Omens of War) and never adjusted the content to the intended increased level so we ended up with a way overtuned expansion with only a few small zones, mostly repetitive mob skins, and an uninspired story (who gave a flying fuck about saving the Taelosians we never knew existed until a week prior?).

So anyway, another of the Legion of Mata Muram, the kyv archer.

View attachment 500483
How about an enchanter with a charmed pooka, ideally dual wielding mage daggers. Pretty sure that's the most fun anyone had in GoD.
1700074399803.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
How about an enchanter with a charmed pooka, ideally dual wielding mage daggers. Pretty sure that's the most fun anyone had in GoD.

I'm sure charming a red-con quad-furry-rampage mob with very fast daggers is gonna work out just fine. No way it can backfire, nope. Totally safe, trust me.

_42118700-bbdb-422c-9880-ba772db6d54d.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Pookas did not summon so as long as you had a pocket snare/root was actually pretty safe pet.

• 2Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pookas did not summon so as long as you had a pocket snare/root was actually pretty safe pet.
as safe as pets that can one-round you get at least :) the hynids were badass too, mostly since they were dogs that actually visibly wielded the daggers lol, more MR though and had that stupid dot

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
as safe as pets that can one-round you get at least :) the hynids were badass too, mostly since they were dogs that actually visibly wielded the daggers lol, more MR though and had that stupid dot

If your charm breaks though...

be prepared the lion king GIF

_40ea768f-b277-4efe-9157-09ff758ec046.jpg

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Life as a ranger, only good as a snare bitch, but gotta keep recasting cause who the fuck knows if it'll end in 30 seconds or 3. Those things terrified me, instant death. With mostly PoP gear you were already stat maxed and so farming GoD gear wasn't that exciting. Just new +ability that noone yet datamined to find out what they did. First time my guild made real farm plow of GoD bosses all we got was rogue loot. Fully kitted 4 rogues in a week and i think all the enchanters quit in protest. GoD sucked as a ranger, weaponshield to position the bosses in those tiny rooms, die, and not get rezzed in time to tag the boss. WoW launched a week later, guild died that day as most of us jumped off EQ. Crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user