AIM is getting ready for the big sleep

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My ICQ was a 6xx,xxx number, I can't remember it anymore. I remember like 10 years ago when I did remember it I couldn't remember the password and couldn't recover it since I had registered with some ISP email.

ICQ was good times though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I guess AOL is trying to remind people. This was my message when I turned on my computer this morning.

cSGINqR.png

AIM will be discontinued on December 15, 2017

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My week was going great so far, but I also saw that message when I logged on at work this morning. It's like I walked into my office and saw a dead puppy. Sad times, friends. Sad times. :(

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Time to break out ICQ again. I use Pidgin, an app that does AIM, ICQ & Google Talk all under one. It works well for me.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Jesus I haven't used ICQ since '00 I think. I may still have the email address used if I can remember the password.

I'm still waiting for AOL itself to shutdown. My in-laws still insist on using the AOL software. It's on version 9 I think and still looks the same as it did in the '90s. Their existence on the internet would be destroyed. I tried to convert them but they can't comprehend how to use a browser other than the AOL software....

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I logged in today and IMed myself a goodbye message. So sad :(

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I had a whole relationship over AIM. It was long distance and we literally spent hundreds of hours chatting on AIM. Even broke up over it. Never really used AIM before that or after so if got those chat logs you could watch the entire course of the relationship. I thought I was one of the last people using it when I quit in 2008 though.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I had a whole relationship over AIM. It was long distance and we literally spent hundreds of hours chatting on AIM. Even broke up over it. Never really used AIM before that or after so if got those chat logs you could watch the entire course of the relationship. I thought I was one of the last people using it when I quit in 2008 though.
My ex surprisingly had aim and we used it all the time. Got a lot of nudes sent to me over it.

RIP AIM