Aion 2

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,496
16,429
I’m in for this Wednesday afternoon, need break from Wow forever before it consumes me from within. Playing SM or Templar
 

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
2,092
974
Is the move getting a few chars to max first then pushing gs on main?

If you're planning on running multiple characters for Kinah, then leveling the MSQ til 22 for 2-3 characters (to start banking Cube Energy) is the play. It's fair amount of work to do all the side quests and sealed dungeons to get those alts up. I'll probably only make one alt, Chanter and Spiritmaster. Played both a fair bit in TW.

The biggest issue I have right now is I don't have a legion to join, and the choice between Elyos and Asmodian. No matter what I pick, it's going to be the wrong one.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,296
7,115
TIL, Stigma skills can give you a big boost in Combat Power. I had been stuck about 240k until I completed a milestone that rewarded 180 Stigma Shards, which let me max out 4 Stigma skills... that boosted me up to 271k Combat Power. The catch-up system is pretty nice overall.

So, a question to those for whom English is not their native language. Look at this official forum post made a month ago, maybe see if its in your native language and see if there is anything at all that would lead you to believe that F2P players will be able to sell items on the Market without a sub.

AION 2-NC

I got baited into watching a video due to the title mentioning that F2P could use the Market (this would be a rather dramatic change). Yet, it seems to me the video was made by an idiot that doesn't understand the English language at all.
 

Raes

Vyemm Raider
3,335
2,755
So, a question to those for whom English is not their native language. Look at this official forum post made a month ago, maybe see if its in your native language and see if there is anything at all that would lead you to believe that F2P players will be able to sell items on the Market without a sub.

AION 2-NC

I got baited into watching a video due to the title mentioning that F2P could use the Market (this would be a rather dramatic change). Yet, it seems to me the video was made by an idiot that doesn't understand the English language at all.

If that were the case, it would be a huge change and they would make sure everyone knew about it.
 

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,496
16,429
1790610111724.png
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,296
7,115
NA West is going to be crowded. Launching at 8am CST though sucks, guess I'll just go to work several hours early, lol.

Edit: That post has since been removed, probably still 100% accurate though.
 
Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,884
3,111
Where's that from?

Guess I just need to decide elyos or asmo. USwest is basically a given. I was getting 15-25ms on that server during the test.
 

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,496
16,429
Aion webpage but they pulled it - we'll see how true that is. I"m confused about the server names though - take server Siel, active in like 4 regions. Is it the same server just different location? In other words if I'm NA East Israphel, will I be on same server as EU Israphel etc?
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,884
3,111
I would assume just using the same name? Kind of odd. Since location of the actual servers will be hundreds or thousands of miles apart. I think I read somewhere the west servers are in Oregon and the east ones in Virginia.
 

Raes

Vyemm Raider
3,335
2,755
Yeah, the duplicate server names were probably a mistake. That's what happens when you let a chatbot do your work, lol.
 

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
92
65
So, is everyone here planning to do Asmodian on the Israphel server? I have zero experience with Aion 1 or 2 but picked up a founders pack because why not? :D lol.
 

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,496
16,429
I'm rolling Asmodian as I did the good boy faction on TW server a few times. Hopefully get more server info soon (streamer servers, etc).
 

Zindan

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8,296
7,115
I'm rolling Asmo as well, US East.

willzilla willzilla I think Voldeth Voldeth mentioned going Asmodian on the Israphel server (if there is one named that), he is the min/maxer for most MMO's, and is usually pretty helpful ingame.
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,884
3,111
I feel like asmo going to be super popular. Everyone wants to be a "Bad guy" and every streamer I see is going them too(so all their sheep follow).
 

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
1,342
679
I'm rolling Asmo as well, US East.

willzilla willzilla I think Voldeth Voldeth mentioned going Asmodian on the Israphel server (if there is one named that), he is the min/maxer for most MMO's, and is usually pretty helpful ingame.

Yup, I'll be going Asmo / US East / israphel and in Discord for anyone that wants some help. Raes Raes also tends to be a good source of information and has played a lot more recently than I have.

I feel like asmo going to be super popular. Everyone wants to be a "Bad guy" and every streamer I see is going them too(so all their sheep follow).

Everyone said this in Aion 1 as well and 95% of the servers were Elyos dominated. They did remove the aesthetics that made Asmo's unique so we'll see.
 

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7,884
3,111
True its hard to judge with all the silent masses.

Probably doesn't matter much in this one. Iirc since they separate the factions via server, then match that server to a rotation of servers in the abyss. And can even match elyos vs elyos or asmo vs amso if it needs. And you can even run dungeons with the other faction.