Air purifiers

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was looking at some of the reviews on the Rabbit Air site---

Best air purifier!
This has got to be the best air purifier available! This is my second one and I wish I could buy one for every room of the house. My boyfriend is allergic to my 13 cats and the first Rabbit Air MINUSA2 ULTRA QUIET AIR PURIFIER helped him a lot. I got the second one to put in the computer room where he spends a lot of time and he has been much better yet. Yes, I have a lot of cats but I can't find homes for all these old family members. I put most of them in the basement now and that has also helped.
I love how the Rabbit communicates with me and lets me know the air quality and ramps up the speed of the fan when it needs it. It has such great features and I can't think of a thing more that I'd want from it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have the Winix Lanx linked as well a Rabbit-Air model. I'd say the Winix is the best bang for the buck, but the Rabbit air actually looks nice with their selection of art based faceplates, and has different filter combos to tackle different problems.. It also literally comes with 5 layers of different filter..

Rabbit Air | Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifiers

if it's going in a nicely decorated area, spring for the Rabbit Air, otherwise the Winix does a fine job.
I've taken to buying a carbon roll instead of getting pre-cut carbon filters, i just roll it out and cut it out when it starts looking dank (we'll the winix will tell you it's looking dank with the light), it's a lot cheaper, cutting it just takes like 10seconds really.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So are the recommendations here still good? Looking to buy one but cant trust a single review or rating on Amazon anymore.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So are the recommendations here still good? Looking to buy one but cant trust a single review or rating on Amazon anymore.
i still use the winix in the main bedroom and appropriate hepa filters in my furnace, is it for bad allergies or what?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

I still use my Rabbit Air, but to be honest the most cost effective air purifier I've found is buying high end HVAC filters-- either Colorfil Air Filters - remove chemicals and odors from the air. or carbon impregnated 3M filters, though I've found the Colorfil to be more effective.

I smoke a lot of weed, but have a rather clean/fancy place that I don't want to smell like weed, so I'm always trying different forms of "air cleaners". TBH, I've never found a typical forced air HEPA filter to do jack shit for getting rid of home smells, though they do collect a lot of dust.

Whether you need it for allergies or smell removal, the air volume pushed through your HVAC is far greater than your average stand up air purifier. Just have the fan running even when the HVAC isn't, and you have a semi-constant air purifier with the right filter.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I still use my Rabbit Air, but to be honest the most cost effective air purifier I've found is buying high end HVAC filters-- either Colorfil Air Filters - remove chemicals and odors from the air. or carbon impregnated 3M filters, though I've found the Colorfil to be more effective.

I smoke a lot of weed, but have a rather clean/fancy place that I don't want to smell like weed, so I'm always trying different forms of "air cleaners". TBH, I've never found a typical forced air HEPA filter to do jack shit for getting rid of home smells, though they do collect a lot of dust.

Whether you need it for allergies or smell removal, the air volume pushed through your HVAC is far greater than your average stand up air purifier. Just have the fan running even when the HVAC isn't, and you have a semi-constant air purifier with the right filter.
be careful about getting too overzealous w/ the super high HEPA filters on the furnace, i got MERV15 once and it choked out my furnace

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I quit smoking cigs a while back but my coughing got worse. My wife is also pregnant now. So it's just for basic air cleanliness and to eliminate as many impurities as possible like pollen and mold, especially in Cali. We also have pets so animal dander too.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I quit smoking cigs a while back but my coughing got worse. My wife is also pregnant now. So it's just for basic air cleanliness and to eliminate as many impurities as possible like pollen and mold, especially in Cali. We also have pets so animal dander too.
is it a house? central air? at least change the furnace filters

MERV6 is where pollen gets clean

MERV8 also dust mites (these cause many allergies)

MERV11 also pet dander/smoke

MERV13 also bacteria

MERV13 might choke out your furance try MERV11

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
is it a house? central air? at least change the furnace filters

MERV6 is where pollen gets clean

MERV8 also dust mites (these cause many allergies)

MERV11 also pet dander/smoke

MERV13 also bacteria

MERV13 might choke out your furance try MERV11

We're in SoCal dude.

I haven't turned on my heat in over a year and we don't even have Central AC

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
P.s. I bought that Winex one this morning, should get here by friday

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yep the 5500-2
you'll love it, it'll be amazing the first time you fart, also imo get that roll of carbon filter when you need to change up, tho, most likely the filters you get will be a combo, black charchole pre filter and regular hepa filter.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thanks bruh. youve been very helpful.
lul thanks for reminding me to check my air filter, i had it on a 1yr auto delivery on amazon, but i guess either that filter or company that resells it is gone so i'm a month late, i just ordered a new one and got auto delivery from the oem.

also note, you don't have to be this anal about it, there is a "change hepa filter" light that comes on when it gets too dirty, i just personally like to change mine yearly.