Albion Online

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
I'm with a small EU break off guild of Wild West(who recently merged with Filthy Casuals) Bloody Merry . Currently 8 pretty hardcore with around 10 joining on launch, going to be heavily focusing on small group PvP. Rolling with [PVP] alliance. I think 4 of us have release week off work so really looking forward too it.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Same to you, heard nothing but great things about Tea Party

Definitely looking forward to launch finally. Took 3 days off work.

And .. Ah .. Exodia. I'm one of the founders of Tea Party. See you at launch =)

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'll be playing as well. Currently looking for a guild to run with.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm apparently looking for a guild too. Have some rl pals coming, reasonably solid gamers. If someone wants me to try hauling a handful of solid motherfuckers to your guild shoot me a message.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I mean, I have a legendary account and I kinda sorta like the game. I'll probably give it a shot pretty hardcore for a month or so at least since I get at least 3 months "free" and I guess I'll need a guild as well.

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
Anyone on EU hours feel free too PM me, in a small guild with active discord, most of us are older gamers but still looking to be competitive in the PVP scene.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
I bought a founders pack but will probably wait for iPad support to play on those long international flights. Is the game any good?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Played with Tea Party in the last beta and had a good time. RL is crazy atm so doubt I'll be able to play at launch which is a real bummer. Had a lot of fun playing this for the first few months. Haven't been following the changes but I hope they make territories more worth fighting over so the game can have some longevity.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been getting a bad feeling that this game was going to be a cash grab for a while now. After what they have done today, I think they are pretty close to confirming it. They reneged on giving Founders packs a head start over the new "Starter" packs and have everyone starting on the same day. They stated at several different times, and on their official "Founders Pack FAQ" that these would give players a head start on release.

IMO the game is pretty fun, but I think the developers are a little money hungry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think giving anyone a headstart in a game like this is pretty stupid. That being said they never should have promised it in the first place and it certainly seems too late to make the change now. Not a fan of that move

yerm

I've been getting a bad feeling that this game was going to be a cash grab for a while now. After what they have done today, I think they are pretty close to confirming it. They reneged on giving Founders packs a head start over the new "Starter" packs and have everyone starting on the same day. They stated at several different times, and on their official "Founders Pack FAQ" that these would give players a head start on release.

IMO the game is pretty fun, but I think the developers are a little money hungry.

A competitive open world game shouldn't have been giving us head starts. This wad a good decision.

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
To be honest it was a good decision, it could of even put people off. Founders have been rewarded with a bit of extra gold plus items plus all the starter pack items. Let''s just hope the servers don't brick as me a few guides have booked the week off

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good decision or not, they went back on a promise. The week before they were doing a very heavy sell on the founders packs, even implying that they would get in the game before the starter packs. They have also stated that with the new influx of people from starter packs the servers will most likely have login queues and will be unstable. I've been playing since the beta started, and have been looking forward to release for over a year. I'm worried about the server stability and actually being able to play, as I've taken three days off work.

They are expecting 10x the number of people that played in the last beta. If anyone recalls, Fort Sterling routinely had 400+ people and would crash. On the last day of this beta there were large castle fights with about 300 people on the map and no one could move due to server side lag. They have systematically gone and deleted all the posts on their forums about this lag and how it was basically unplayable during their last "event". Their twitch stream that was watching the fight moved to another zone to try and hide how bad it really was. Add 10x the players to this and the "Head start" will be unplayable.

Their official FAQ about founders packs states "It also grants access to our Final Beta Beta and a head start at the release of the game on July 17, 2017."

Reference for the quote above: Brand New Sandbox MMORPG 2017 | Albion Online (click "What is a Legendary Founder Pack?")

I'm definitely still going to play, I'm just worried that my time off work is going to be spent sitting in queues and lagging out after having expected to get in before the masses.

Edit: Just to clarify I don't care about any gameplay advantage getting in early might provide. I'm in a decent guild and we will be fine either way. I just would like a smooth experience the first couple days, as once Wednesday rolls around the game will be unplayable for a while unless they make massive updates to their servers.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ya curious how this new upgrade will go. They should add the instance bank / Ah to the yellow zones as well.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
bkVOB6w.gif

Friendly reminder about Albion Online Premium subscription where you're either a Premium dog or a Non-Premium sheep.

• 1Like

Cerzi

So this has gotta be the worst MMO launch of recent memory. Considering everyone on the server paid $100, it's pretty ourageous that zoning is taking 20+ minutes right now (especially considering how much zoning you need to do early on)

yerm

I can't get it to finish patching on my phone. Apparently other people solved this by not using the launcher. No idea how to bypass launcher on phone...

Cerzi

Ok after a couple of hours it's mostly sorted, despite there being more people in the zone than there were at the start.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya this launch is the purest of AIDS as expected. Just got in 15 minutes ago and already a server reset due to the game basically being near unplayable. Awesome early access rofl. Can't wait to see the absolute cluster fuck this will be when everyone can play.

• 1Picard