Albion Online

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm okay with this. I hope the game keeps a good population. I kind of like it despite the grind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just found this game, got a T4 Claw Rogue build I found on Youtube with the aim of world pvp.

Anyone else play? Looking for a guild to join, potentially out in black zones.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We've been playing off and on as well. Not a bad game really. Population is high. Lot's of stuff to do. Graphics are a little meh but not bad. We taking a little break for summer stuff but if we get back into things we'll look you guys up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Going to install this again as I've gotten the itch. I played this a ton in Beta and had a blast. Didn't really play much after the release wipe. If anyone is still dicking around here and has a guild let me know. I preferred playing w/ Blackzone access and thats hard to do without a hookup. Also if anyone has a general breakdown of big changes since launch I would be interested to hear it.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some big changes coming that cater to small groups/guilds. Not gonna list all the changes that happened but the game is getting better and better imo.

• 1Like

Octave

Trakanon Raider
This game seems to have the best design philosophy of any of the modern mmos. The updates sound solid.

It's too bad it's isometric top down and pvp focused. Pvp would be okay if they can somehow get away from the large blob of death style that seems so common place. It's not fun to be on either side of that.

It seems like the only modern mmo trying to be a real sandbox. Kind of insane that this is where we're at with the genre.

I think I'll give it another go.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This game seems to have the best design philosophy of any of the modern mmos. The updates sound solid.

It's too bad it's isometric top down and pvp focused. Pvp would be okay if they can somehow get away from the large blob of death style that seems so common place. It's not fun to be on either side of that.

It seems like the only modern mmo trying to be a real sandbox. Kind of insane that this is where we're at with the genre.

I think I'll give it another go.

Don't bother. These devs are absolute cash grabbing retards. Bugs still exist from beta. God fucking awful balance and mechanics. Game is absolute trash.

• 1Like

Fenz

I think the devs are actually listening and keep making the game better with every update.

• 1Like

Octave

Trakanon Raider
Don't bother. These devs are absolute cash grabbing retards. Bugs still exist from beta. God fucking awful balance and mechanics. Game is absolute trash.

Maybe something concrete would better inform us of what makes the game particularly bad.

Which bugs? Why is it a cash grab? What mechanics are awful?

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit, Lumi Lumi is right about something for once.

Maybe the world is ending after all...
Pvp would be okay if they can somehow get away from the large blob of death style that seems so common place. It's not fun to be on either side of that.
Friendly fire on AoE and projectiles (though I can imagine this making their region servers shit the bed in larger engagements) would go a long way toward mitigating the blob problem.

I haven't touched this turd in 3 years but I'm assuming this hasn't been done, because even back then they were skirting the issue with nonsense special case rules like "anti-focus fire", where a target would take decreasing damage from each source as the number of attackers increased, in an attempt to design a way out of the corner they'd painted themselves into.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Octave

Trakanon Raider
I don't hate their anti focus fire code. It's a new solution to an old problem. They wanted to have large engagements but without damage spiking be the meta. It's a pretty good solution for that.

AoE friendly fire doesn't solve damage spiking individuals with large groups so that solution is at least incomplete.

There's a fundamental problem with large group combat in all games, though. The bigger your group, the less your contribution means, and the more you just follow orders. It feels like a job.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got a steady group of 5 playing this a few nights a week. First MMOG I've enjoyed since Wow WOTLK.

Combat is pretty fun and the economy is the closest thing to Eve online I've seen.

• 2Like

Zyke

Anyone still playing this? Trying it again with a small group for the new roads update and it's pretty good. I don't like everything they decided to do but overall the system is pretty solid.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I am new to this game and really enjoying it. Almost 100 skills in a bloodletter build and have a nice island going. Also have 75ish skills in a druid 1h staff healing build.

Anyone here still playing ? Preferably with a guild that has hideouts in black zones so I could farm dungeons more safely?

I haven't done any large scale pvp, but corrupted dungeon farm with occasional 1v1 is great

• 1Like