Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Alien³ (1992)

Tagline: The bitch is back.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Horror

Director: David Fincher

Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Charles S. Dutton, Charles Dance, Pete Postlethwaite, Ralph Brown, Paul McGann, Danny Webb, Lance Henriksen, Brian Glover, Deobia Oparei, Niall Buggy, Christopher John Fields, Peter Guinness, Vincenzo Nicoli, Christopher Fairbank, Phil Davis, Paul Brennen, Clive Mantle, Carl Chase, Hi Ching, Leon Herbert, Danielle Edmond, Holt McCallany, Tom Woodruff Jr.

Release: 1992-05-22

Runtime: 114

Plot: After escaping with Newt and Hicks from the alien planet, Ripley crash lands on Fiorina 161, a prison planet and host to a correctional facility. Unfortunately, although Newt and Hicks do not survive the crash, a more unwelcome visitor does. The prison does not allow weapons of any kind, and with aid being a long time away, the prisoners must simply survive in any way they can.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Just had a chance to finally watch the Assembly cut. Significantly improved over the theatrical version IMO and made for a better film overall. I still have the fundamental magic eggs problem that everyone else has, but if you set that aside, the rest of the movie was much, much better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just had a chance to finally watch the Assembly cut. Significantly improved over the theatrical version IMO and made for a better film overall. I still have the fundamental magic eggs problem that everyone else has, but if you set that aside, the rest of the movie was much, much better.
the problem that everyone has is that Newt and Michael Biehn were killed off screen

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the title of this thread and thought Alien Cubed... this some bizarre Frankenstein Borg Alien crossover! Even the colours match on the thumbnail...

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't hate this movie. We all know the cluster fuck it was (writing the script as they were filming lol) but there was something that always bothered me.
Following the Aliens species' logic, queen lay eggs, facehuggers are born, impregnate hosts and thus aliens are born and build a colony.
Well in this movie, even after the dog alien knows Ripley has a queen inside her, he just continues to kill every possible host. He was not creating a nest, drag all those prisoners there and imprisoned them with that spit goey glue stuff. Nope. .. Straight up killing spree.
Even In the Alien deleted scene, Dallas and Brett are alive, "waiting" to be impregnated (I know this is debatable because this was before James Cameron made the species functioning with hive mentality).
Other than that I love the ending. They wanted to end the story there (i believe Sigourney suggested), making the ultimate sacrifice, ending that nightmare (Ripley's saga and that movie) with no strings attached.
But goddammit, Wal Mart bought Weyland-Yutani and made clones *facepalm*

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
But goddammit, Wal Mart bought Weyland-Yutani and made clones *facepalm*

Haha yea. I had to rewind that line.

The egg thing was the films big problem all together. Also Ripley seemingly living for days upon days without getting chest bursted was a bit much ( I know Charles Dance concoction was supposed to be the reason it was slowed, but goddam...)

I thought the Assembly cut filled in the gaps in the film and fleshed things out a bit

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I think queens take longer to pop out of the oven.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The assembly cut so far is phenomenal. One of the most based scenes in any movie ever is when the prison colony guys are loading the dead cow or whatever it is.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I didn’t want to start a whole new thread, but I’m rewatching Aliens as we speak.

holy fuck Vasquez has got a rack!

never noticed it before, but after learning her actress, Jenette Goldstein, now owns a line of stores for larger bra sizes, well...

Jenette Bras: The Alphabet Starts at “D”

691AE6DA-D733-4A54-A02B-1A44CDB3A256.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There’s Alien and Aliens. Everythring else never existed.

Hicks and Newt made it out, they live happily ever after somewhere.

Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn’t want to start a whole new thread, but I’m rewatching Aliens as we speak.

holy fuck Vasquez has got a rack!

never noticed it before, but after learning her actress, Jenette Goldstein, now owns a line of stores for larger bra sizes, well...

Jenette Bras: The Alphabet Starts at “D”

View attachment 345207
i saw a doc on the fall of victorias secret and it has to do with a mix of, we have the internet now, so no one gives a fuck about the victoria secrets runway show

there are no more "angels" name a fucking victoria secret angel?

they are so poor they stopped making a catalogue

no one goes to the stores anymore, it's just blackies stealing underwear in malls

and, many celebrities are making their own underwear lines (with like thousands of instagram followers) and are more popular with girls and everyone shops online anyway.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alien 3 is a perfect example of execs being dumb. The original vision for it was fucking amazing. A wooden low tech monastery in space.

1617188376940.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database