Alien: Covenant (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh and another thing, there is a Hollywood secret that even Hollywood doesn't care: don't show too much.
Ffs you already know who is going to die and there is an alien.

Now compare with Alien's trailer (which btw is the trailer ever imo)

You don't know how or why everything went bonkers, not a single frame of the alien, the music, the sound, the images of chaos....THIS is how you do a trailer

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trailer wasn't very impressive and he's certainly made some shitty movies. The Martian was recent though and that movie is great. He's also the guy that did Alien, Blade Runner, and Blackhawk Down along with a number of other decent movies, so he gets a bit of a pass from me. All that being said if this movie ends up shitty, maybe he should just stop with making movies with this franchise.
The Martian was also based on a very well written novel. Name another good movie Scott has directed in the recent years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
more stupid "scientists" not wearing protective gear and just going straight up to strange alien eggs, idiots

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wait, if the sole occupant is fassbender why is he getting off the drop ship? Dual droids?

Just think though, you guys are right that this is what Prometheus should have been, imagine I'd that shit box hadn't happened and we got this trailer with an alien in it. Niiiiiice.

"Don't show too much" - it's like the 6th movie in the franchise, excluding AVP....why would they hide the alien. Is the whole reason anyone will see this. Did they hide Voldemort in the last Harry Potter trailers....you know, to not show too much.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
HUGE spoilers re: covenant, DO NOT READ if you want to go into the movie surprised
from test screenings apparently david created the xenomorphs from the black goo in prometheus to fight the engineers, and the crashed lv-426 ship is one of the people who investigate the distress call trying to escape the planet. I guess david and noomi landed on a planet, he eventually kills her to use as organic material for his science experiments and then lures in a human ship for more material.

yup, a shitty android is the source of the xenomorph in the aliens universe. this is the worst retcon shit ever.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Ridley Scott is a great director and all but he needs to develop a better eye for screenwriting talent. There's no reason for someone as prolific as Scott to have this many directorial missteps in his career.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
That spoiler doesn't explain the past though like the lung cancer dude seeking the temple under the ice with black wonder woman saving them only herself.
Also doesn't state if there is a cat.
You can only butcher so much before nothing is left though.

Blackknight.png

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The questions I really have are:
How long since the great Engineer incident has passed

This, and why don't we get more engineers? I thought the god damn ship was heading to their home world or some shit.

Bet the very last scene in this is going to be some engineer cliffhanger. Again. Ugh.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That spoiler doesn't explain the past though like the lung cancer dude seeking the temple under the ice with black wonder woman saving them only herself.
Unless she knew how to fly a helicopter grats being alone on Antarctica and dying?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
HUGE spoilers re: covenant, DO NOT READ if you want to go into the movie surprised
from test screenings apparently david created the xenomorphs from the black goo in prometheus to fight the engineers, and the crashed lv-426 ship is one of the people who investigate the distress call trying to escape the planet. I guess david and noomi landed on a planet, he eventually kills her to use as organic material for his science experiments and then lures in a human ship for more material.

yup, a shitty android is the source of the xenomorph in the aliens universe. this is the worst retcon shit ever.
If true then this will be worse than Prometheus.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

This better not be true.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
P.S.: We're still using TA31 ACOG's in the 2090's?

haha that is the exact question i had. "can travel to new worlds, but cant improve on 1990s holosights and magnified sights?"

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
p.s. the trailer looks like shit, the soundtrack sounds like shit - all of this just looks awful and dreadful

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This better not be true.

We killed off the main character survivor from the previous film, that is an entirely new direction to take a sequel!

Oh, we already did that? Well, did people like that one?

Oh.

I liked how Prometheus looked and I liked the character of David even though his motivations were a mystery but holy fuck almost all of the main characters were godawful. Dude travels further than anyone has ever traveled on a trillion dollar space mission, has all his theories prove true, and then gets depressed because one part of the first building he went into ON AN ALIEN WORLD NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN TO didn't have anyone alive to talk to. He's sad because he wanted to talk to them. Fucking stoner scientist rigged his suit on said mission with a bong because that's something would totally be able to do. Dude with mapping technology gets lost. Scaredy cat exp-biologist is not afraid of obvious cobra behavior, dies.

Man that movie pisses me off.

If this movie is 100% sinister Fassbender it might be fine. It would be like watching a slasher flick where you cheer for the villain.

KILL EM ALL DAVID KILL EM ALL

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You saw the trailer right? You saw the guy not in a protective suit happily putting his face in an opening egg right?

Movie is even already more retarded than Prometheus.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Underpaid space truck drivers in Alien acted more professional than these scientists. Either the writers are dumb as fuck or they think that we are.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the scientists in Prometheus were terrible. There better be some lines in this movie saying they already probed the planet for bacteria and stuff and it was safe. I need at least a passing attempt at hand waving.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where is james franco? Only thing thats making me want to ser this

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pic of some of the scientists in Covenant. Might not be bad actually.

bio-dome.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users