Alien : Isolation - Announced

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bet someone could make a rockin Aliens survival/horror game where you play as a colonist (think Newt) and just have to survive.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bet someone could make a rockin Aliens survival/horror game where you play as a colonist (think Newt) and just have to survive.
That's the vibe I'm getting from the trailer - doesn't look to be fighting AT ALL - just literally surviving solo as Ripley's kid or something.

[Although lore-wise when did Ripley have a kid? This a retcon?]

Cautiously optimistic about it.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
That's the vibe I'm getting from the trailer - doesn't look to be fighting AT ALL - just literally surviving solo as Ripley's kid or something.

[Although lore-wise when did Ripley have a kid? This a retcon?]

Cautiously optimistic about it.
She had a daughter named Amanda that was talked about in a deleted/extended scene in Aliens.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, never watched the extended versions - always watched it on TV/Showtime when it comes on though.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I will buy this the instant that it goes for sale. Watched the normal game trailer and the dev promo film thing and it looks freaky and fun. Other then the obvious, if it sucks it will bomb... this type of non action story/escape or die kind of game has to be nearly 100% perfect. Even with the 45 seconds they have shown, it looks exactly how it should - absolutely amazing!

The ALIEN series and stories, games will always something I must have and play through once even with a 1.2 gamer score/review.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Ripley having a kid was part of the movies in all of the versions. However, she's touched on more for the extended versions. Her name is Amanda and she has a run-in with a xenomorph and she manages to survive. She then dies of cancer on Earth. Her picture is shown in the movie as Sigourney Weaver's RL mother.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
After the disaster of colonial marines, one has to be careful but MAN does this have the right vibe for me :

I love the franchise too much to not give this another try. It has the potential to truly be a shit-your-pants / scream like a girl game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
After the disaster of colonial marines, one has to be careful but MAN does this have the right vibe for me :

I love the franchise too much to not give this another try. It has the potential to truly be a shit-your-pants / scream like a girl game.
I think it is cool that the original cast from the original Alien will be doing all the voice work.

With that said, I won't be paying for anything until I see the reviews from folks here playing it and out in the wild after the last debacle with Pitchford. I think Pitchford is finally being sued.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Randy Pitchfuck does deserve a swift kick in the balls from every fan of the franchise. This moron needs to stay away from gaming. When i think of Pitchford, an image of Wilson comes to my mind automatically. They should team up and write a book on what not to do in game developement.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The major review outlets have all released their reviews. Most of them are pretty positive. IGN, surprisingly, came in at the lowest 59/100.

I have watched about an hour of some guy playing on Twitch. Quite frankly, I was bored. The game looked fine, for what it was, but the repetition of game-play, enemies, and scenery was very evident.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like the first half is good but it starts to get old and repetitive at the half-way mark. The Alien isn't on a script which is kinda cool but it pops up way to often and makes the game frustrating and takes away from the scare/tension factor.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aaaaaaaaaaaand another alien game with sub obtimal reviews. Ill prolly buy it when it goes on sale. Why is it so hard to have a good game in this franchise. All the right elements are there.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Great quality control. The game introduces a mini crafting system and wants you to craft a medkit for which you need scrap (on top of a few specific components). Now if I'd make a game I would make sure there's the required amount of scrap next to the blueprint for the medkit, but it's not. So you can't craft the medkit, which is just a bit awkward and defeats the purpose of this tutorial.

Similar situation later on, you get the flashlight and the game is telling you to use it sparingly because batteries are not easy to come by. Ok, makes sense. Then they want you to use the flashlight to find a vent in a completely dark area. Too bad you need 6 batteries before the flashlight even turns on and they only give you 2. The rest of them is hidden in the dark and once you get them, you can leave the area without ever using your new tool.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
1 hour play and there are more humans than alien's appearances. FFS the game was building up so good and then comes the conflict between humans and their backstory. I think everyone wants a survival horror, not another Alien-based FPS.
This is was the only negative point, huge i might say
The rest is fine.