Alienation (PS4)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Didn't see a thread on it, but feel free to merge if there is one.

Top down twin stick shooter from the makers of Dead Nation. Co-op with up to 4. Think US price is $20?

Got it yesterday. Quite fun actually.

Similar to Destiny in that you have three classes that you can start the campaign with. Loot based with the usual skill points and talents. Talent points can be redistributed at will. Weapons have tiers as usual, and the higher tier ones can be upgraded with cores for more stats (stats can also be rerolled). At around level 10 drops can start having effects as well, my current flamethrower drops grenades when it hits enemies.

20 story missions, but there are world levels which increase the difficulty every time you finish it + extra missions and such that unlock later. Invasions/defense (pvp) and hero levels that start at 30. Maps are fairly big, and you can travel around them at will to find bosses and challenges outside of the main objectives. Three difficulties which increase enemy levels, types and loot drop quality. Also a Hardcore mode which you can select at start with permadeath. Considering how often my friend that I play with has to revive me, I don't think I would get very far.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks pretty slick! Hadn't heard of it at all before this, might have to pick this one up.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This does look good, but it looks like something that will be free on Plus come ~September. I'll wait until then.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the campaign for the first time. Unlocks world level 2 which is +3 levels to enemies which is the same as the Professional difficulty. I assume picking professional now will make it +5, which is the same as veteran when doing it for the first time (which is hard).

Also unlocked assignments (think bounties from Destiny) that reward orbs and reroll items, and the ability to do UFO missions. Can get UFO keys to drop in main missions and tier 2 keys can drop in the UFO missions. The UFO missions do not have respawns, so dying will fail the mission. We promptly died right away, so lost my one key.

Fun game.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not going to lie, at first glance I thought it was a buddy-cop mystery game by the title.

rrr_img_133920.jpg

Looks pretty cool though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Difficulty definitely ramps up a lot once you finish it once. I'm level 20 now and I did the whole first run on professional but had to drop back to rookie starting at mission 2 in AK. Which is fine, but it does kind of annoy me that getting a new legendary Xenorifle drop would probably go right back to making it easy again, but I have no control over that. Got brand new revolver, minigun, and cluster grenade legendaries, but RNGesus hasn't given up a primary weapon worth a shit in ages.

Great game though, definitely worth the $20 if you're a fan of twin stick shooters and/or Housemarque's other games.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fun game! Sadly no couch co-op but they said they are working on that. It reminds me of borderlands and destiny meets twin stick shooter.