Aliens and imploding simulations.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
What would a non designed world look like? Absolute nothingness? You probably can't even concieve of what a non designed universe world be like, so how can you compare this world to it? You see a thing exists and by that fact alone think it must be designed. If pi was 4.863, it would be just as amazing. If space-time was extremely simple you would marvel at such sublime straightforwardness. When something seems unnecessary (appendix, heh) or cruel (endless death from non human causes) it can be explained away as humans lacking understanding but God having a plan.

And in reference to your other post, why would theism be required to see the beauty in the world? Plenty of atheists don't take life or its positives for granted precisely because they feel they will only exist for a limited time.

You've become a lot more like tanoomba as the board has turned on you. Perhaps this is a natural consequence of constant negative input.

Nothing ascribed to omnipotence is even remotely impressive, let alone miraculous. It only become so impressive if attributed to something of limited means and then there is nothing more miraculous than if it is all a random accident.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Can God create a universe so perfect that even he must have just made it through random dumb luck?

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Sure, why not? That seems to me to fall into the category of "limited means," if he "must have relied on random dumb luck." I don't see how or why that mechanism of creation would render the universe anymore perfect than alternatives though, nor do I see how the current universe should be considered perfect. Yeah it works, but what do we have to compare into to. It is miraculous if the product of happenstance, and expected if designed as it is by an omnipotent being.

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Jasker Jasker how you been man?

Good thanks for asking. Finally have had something to do with WoW classic and my job.

Quite embarrassed about this thread honestly, some fucked up shit has happened to me since around 2014 but Im uncertain if posting here was the best route to vent struggles heh. Also went through some times on this board where it didn't even feel like me when I was posting. But no looking back now /shrug

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
jasker, have you seen Sam da Man anywhere in the Matrix lately?

I'm starting to think he may have passed away

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Good thanks for asking. Finally have had something to do with WoW classic and my job.

Quite embarrassed about this thread honestly, some fucked up shit has happened to me since around 2014 but Im uncertain if posting here was the best route to vent struggles heh. Also went through some times on this board where it didn't even feel like me when I was posting. But no looking back now /shrug

Who raped you? How old was he?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

the best course of action at this point is to embrace the embarrassment and become a parody of yourself. play it up. become a character. entertain yourself, entertain us.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
whether you're stuck in mundane life of a bored young American man, or you're stuck at the center of some cosmic scale conspiracy involving eternities of experimentation, you're stuck either way. so you may as well make the most of it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to think of what to post without sounding sarcastic, failed, then had an acute existential crisis about it.
Anyways, you're a badass Jasker Jasker

Status
Not open for further replies.