alienware alpha wtf?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
iirc it doesn't run SteamOS because it just isn't ready. It's just a console shaped PC with a big price tag.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
iirc it doesn't run SteamOS because it just isn't ready. It's just a console shaped PC with a big price tag.
Correct, it has Win 8.1

Apparently it also has some custom windows UI to let you do everything with the controller, including launch Steam into Big Picture mode.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was sold the moment the cool bro did a barrel roll flip over the couch, but does it pr0n?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That box looks pretty fucking beta to me. Might have to ask Dumar to confirm.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beside the ''too much money '' crowd, am really wondering whos their target demography with that.

Lets take myself for exemple since am really in the market for either a new console or an upgraded pc. What motivation do i have for buying this. Either i invest in a system that make sure ALL their games are playable and are built with a controller in mind so i can chill on the couch (playstation) OR i go for a destkop thatll be half the price and more powerfull.

I can either expand my game library by tapping into the console market (playstation) OOOR limit myself to pc titles only on a sub otimal machine. Its like the steamOS. I really dont understand their vision and has a developper, failing to make your idea obvious to the consumer / investor, is a big fail. I wont change my gaming habits of the last decade for an halfassed idea. It needs to make me smack my forehead and be like, dayum, that shit is awsome. The ''we want to bring the pc experience to the living room'' explanation has its limits. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by this. Look at xbox, theyve been trying to do that for years, and been failing for years more so now than ever. Maybe we're a diying breed and the new generation wont want to sit down at a pc and have their ''intimate'' gaming or whatever you wanna call it. All i know is ive been reading on the steamOS ever since it was presented and am still like, yea so what.