All things Brandon Sanderson

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea, supposed to be a big time jump between Stormlight 5 and 6. Will be interesting to see how much time is skipped. I am a bit bummed about no new Stormlight for a while after the next, but I do trust Sanderson to deliver. I imagine he'll flesh out more of the cosmere during that time. I believe I read somewhere that the Stormlight Archive would, at the end, be the conclusion to the overarching cosmere story. So I imagine he'll need to set some other things in motion in the cosmere before he finishes Stormlight.

After Steven Erikson, Sanderson is my next favorite writer. The guy is prolific and has some of the most unique and awesome worlds and magics I've ever seen in fantasy. For this guy, I'll TRUST THE PLAN. Still kicking myself for not getting in on his kickstarter.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The additional side Cosmere stories have been Great and with the little connections to Stormlight it has helped keep the feeling alive. I’m confident that even with the jump we’ll get surprise novels, novellas, and short stories.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For all it was a fine story, I really disliked Sunlit Man. That definitely seems like a book that should have come out after Stormlight 5

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For all it was a fine story, I really disliked Sunlit Man. That definitely seems like a book that should have come out after Stormlight 5
I thought I remembered something in the afterword of Sunlit that said he was intentionally trying a different approach, not sure though. I liked it. Not my favorite but was enjoyable.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Damn, missed the numbered copy edition. That’ll save me $325 since I don’t care about whatever a radiant pack is.

About to finish up Defiant since I never got around to reading it. Not the biggest fan, this one feels way too teenage girl / young adult even compared to the others. Needed something easy to read though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Damn, missed the numbered copy edition. That’ll save me $325 since I don’t care about whatever a radiant pack is.

About to finish up Defiant since I never got around to reading it. Not the biggest fan, this one feels way too teenage girl / young adult even compared to the others. Needed something easy to read though.
They explain the Radiant pack after the end of the tiers. Basically a pack of all kind of merchs:

• 1x Zinc alloy spren character pin
  • 1x Zinc alloy spren coin
  • 1x Zinc alloy Radiant Order charm set
  • 1x Radiant Order decal sheet
  • 1x Radiant Order banner
All themed based on which book you purchased.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They explain the Radiant pack after the end of the tiers. Basically a pack of all kind of merchs:

All themed based on which book you purchased.
Yeah, I scrolled down and saw that after the fact. Thankfully still stuff I don’t care about. Just give me a nice quality limited signed printing to put on my shelf and I’m happy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Got Sunlit Man the other day. Liking this one a lot more than Tress of the Emerald Isle. Probably liking this one more cause of where the protagonist is from.

I’m curious how this one fits in the timeline of the other cosmere novels. Only 100 pages in or so, I’m sure there’ll be some pay off down the road.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Got Sunlit Man the other day. Liking this one a lot more than Tress of the Emerald Isle. Probably liking this one more cause of where the protagonist is from.

I’m curious how this one fits in the timeline of the other cosmere novels. Only 100 pages in or so, I’m sure there’ll be some pay off down the road.

The afterword adds additional detail so stick around for it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He is fat, so unhealthy.
Better than some.

(Wtf this backwards server can't handle .webp?)

v0RCTUY4rmOHvBH2vCNBcQ.jpg

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
He’s not GRRM’s age, and he has a timeline of how plans to write and publish these books. Guy is our age and rich, making his dream come true by sharing his stories and ideas with his readers.

He’ll likely outlive me, I’m just along for the ride!

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Isn’t he super Mormon too? He’ll just transcend after death and continue publishing while he bangs his spirit wife and pops out spirit kids as he eventually ascends to rule his own real life Cosmere. We’re just reading his afterlife plans that he lays out for us to enjoy.