All things Brandon Sanderson

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
It could go either way really, but I think Bands is better to read first because of some minor spoilers and implications that carry over from it to secret history. Though it really doesn't make too much of a difference.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Just finished both, enjoyed bands a lot more than shadows. Will be interesting to see what happens as a result of secret history. Looking forward to seeing more of greater cosmere.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm 40% into Bands, and I fucking love this book. I think it's the best he's ever written. I have so many questions and things I want to ask/talk about but I'll just keep reading. This book is glorious. Man some of the stuff I've been reading lately is fucking garbage.

Shit from the Cosmere definitely sticks out.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Finished Bands. Liked it a lot. I felt like he realized that he only had one more novel set in this period and just kept advancing the plot at a rapid pace but it never felt rushed. Best part for me was Wayne
picking up the shotgun and going to go shoot Wax's sister. When he tells his hands to stop shaking and proceeds to go look for her, it was just a pure bad ass moment.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished Bands and Secret Histories. Loved Bands, the way he moved the story along and showed more of the Cosmere.
It was cool to see Kelsier's part in the original Mistborn Trilogy. Also Elantrians being on Scadriel waiting to steal Preservation's power was unexpected.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Secret histories is a must read for anyone following cosmere. Loved both it and bands.

Now hurry up with next storm light book!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Contains unpublished spoiler from the 17th shard website in answer to your question, as well as secret history spoiler
It was most likely Khriss, who has written Ars Arcanum in the back of every book. Nazh does the illustrations for the Ars Arcanum. She described as a dark skinned woman.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn, just realized Calamity comes out next week. How the hell does he keep this pace going?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think we have a while of down time after this. This was a huge amount of stuff in a small period of time though

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I thought he mentioned just the 2 books this year. SA3 will probably come out next year. IIRC he only finished "Book 1" of SA3 so far.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Stormlight 3 due 2017. I think Sanderson doesn't have anything significant coming out the rest of the year. Maybe a few surprise novellas but the major works are done for the year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Went back and read his blog, late last year he said earliest would be fall 2016 but plan for 2017 so you're right. If there is any author that I think could actually meet a stretch date it would be Sanderson though, so still hoping.

Here's his schedule:

January 2016: Wax and Wayne 3
February 2016: Reckoners 3 (final book)
June 2016: Alcatraz 5
Sometime 2017: Stormlight 3
Sometime 2017: Rithmatist 2
Spring 2018: New YA project 1
Fall 2018: Wax and Wayne 4 (final book)
Sometime 2019: Stormlight 4
Sometime 2019: New YA project 2
Sometime 2020: Elantris 2
Sometime 2020 New YA project 3 (final book)
Sometime 2021: Stormlight 5 (ending of first arc)
Sometime 2022: Elantris 3 (final book)

Arative

Vyemm Raider
The good thing with Sanderson, he writes quality stuff at a good pace and he has cosmere stuff planned out until like 2035.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Are Rithmatist and Alcatraz apart of Cosmere? Reading Warbreaker now, will do Calamity next week then check those out. Just wondering.