All things Brandon Sanderson

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No, if I recall, he drops the shardblade on purpose before killing a bunch of guards (I forget which ruler he was going after). I think he may have also thought that killing without the shardblade was easier/better.
He does it to make opponents drop their guard so that he can take advantage of rash behavior and then lash them to various things. He still ends up using it for every truly challenging fight though along with the lashings.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Doesn't he drop the shardblade because the soldiers had shields that could block it? Since they were able to block the sword, it became easier to kill them without it.
Yeah, they're using those Half-Shard Shields against him. As for why the Spren doesn't like it, we'll probably find out shardblades kill souls or something else Balefire-esqe.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So if I recall correctly, does Kaladin employ the same power as Szeth? It seems to me that he does, but either sanderson wrote his fight sequence differently than the assassination or I'm in need of a re-read.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if it's a new price drop, but Way of Kings is digitally available for $2.99 now. If you haven't tried it yet (and it's awesome), it's a good chance to get it cheap.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure where else to put this but his students book came out last week. I'm about 30% through it and its.... not bad. Not surprisingly the magic systems kind of cool and the settings unique even if the main premise isn't. The biggest issue I'm having is the damn info dumps he hits you with. I think he may have slept through that class. ( side note he followed another Sanderson tradition creating his own curse words fortunately he weaves in a couple real ones too) id still recommend checking it out and hopefully he'll get better w certain things as it goes on

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished Brian's book. I enjoyed it overall, but some transitions could've been smoother. Need more story before I say anything negative, so he's at least hooked me.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Rithmatist is out, but can't decide if I should pick up the digital or hard copy. Apparently there's a decent amount of illustrations in the book but I'm not sure how they would transfer to the kindle edition. Anyone pick it up and have an opinion either way?

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
You're right, apparently I can't read. It was on my recommended items list on amazon so I clicked on it and saw all the reviews...totally missed the release date.

Lusiphur

Peasant
As has been said before, how he manages to keep up this level of output at this quality level, beggars belief.
Legion and The Emperor's Soul were pretty good. I will pick up Rithmatist even though I tend to avoid YA.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Just started Rithmatist, which is kind of like instead of the characters fighting, they sit down on the floor and start rolling 20 sided dies at each other. It's about as exciting as it sounds...

velk

Trakanon Raider
Finished of Rithmatist - it started slow, but picked up a lot as it went along. It was definitely one of Sanderson's weakest books, but it was still pretty good. A heads up that it pretty much ends on a giant cliffhanger

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked it, but damn it didn't get good until the last 50 pages. Then cliffhanger. Ugh.

I really enjoyed the "science" and the descriptions that this universe implemented, but it's almost too Harry vs Voldemort by idea you get at the ending.

Way too short, I read this in a day.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sanderson has practically ruined me on all the other authors out there. All these great series have a 5-8 year gap of RL time while they write / publish the next installment of their universe. The material doesn't even have to be good as long as it's steady!

Ug, now I sound like a mmo developer.