Alternate Everquest - Emu Server

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started playing here a month ago and I am having a blast and would like to see a handful of more players here. It's the best thing since Mischief loot system. When a mob drops it's loot, you don't know the loot cause it's a completely custom zone, or old loot from older zones has been refreshed with different stats.

I've been enjoying playing on Alternate Everquest which is a EMU server the past month. It has custom quests for epics, custom fights. Zones like plane of sky have different new mobs/encounters, custom raid zones etc. It's designed for 6 to 12 people. Raids are 12 people. Lots of group content. Limited to 3box, and you can use MQ as long as it's only to assist in xping etc. No warping and other such massive game disruptive behavior. This leads to 4 real players doing Raids, and 2 people doing group dungeon content.

The community has been very welcoming, smaller than something like P99 but without the problems that come with a high population. There is competition for raid targets, but no one is intentionally blocking others from doing targets. Items have gotten refreshes as all content has been tweaked. In general mobs hit harder, have more hps etc. So it's a "harder" everquest experience. Newbie quest armors and weapons are worth doing and carry you into your high 30s before you start replacing them with dungeon drops. Quality of life improvements like the clicky cloak quest to take you to Gfay, updating Executioner axe to be worth using. Jboots have some stats so you might want to wear them. Crafted armors from Sol ro, have stat modifiers and such and are worth doing instead of just wearing cloth till raiding etc.

If you're looking for that small guild feel for raiding, Alternate everquest might be the ticket. You can join the discord to get started with downloading the custom files since spells, and some other things are different. https://discord.gg/YA4e37FW

Here is a video I just shot to recap what this server is about. https://www.loom.com/share/cac1ea4d95504082bf42e3a15aaee4c6

cloak.png

runedfalcion.png

axe.png

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still having a blast here. XP bonus this weekend. Kunark comes out next Friday. Still a great time to get into this server.