Amazon Keyincar

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
To beat porch thieves, Amazon slips packages in car trunks

a year ago Amazon had amazonkey, basically you buy like 200$ worth of vid cams/door locks and you gave UPS access to open your home door

this one has Amazon doing the same to your car.

I think this is actually worthwhile, imagine UPS dumping boxes in your trunk at work, thats pretty great, unless you're afraid you got some HIFI stereos, who cares? maybe you have a firearm, get a car lock!!!

otherwise this is great, it's just a car, nothing to rob, and no dogs to run out the door.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
A Ring doorbell, motion activated chime, and a sign that says "24 hr video surveillance" has stopped Amazon porch thieves for me. I fucking see American Inventors approaching my house at least once every few weeks and as soon as they notice the sign and/or hear the chimes, they GTFO.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
To beat porch thieves, Amazon slips packages in car trunks

a year ago Amazon had amazonkey, basically you buy like 200$ worth of vid cams/door locks and you gave UPS access to open your home door

this one has Amazon doing the same to your car.

I think this is actually worthwhile, imagine UPS dumping boxes in your trunk at work, thats pretty great, unless you're afraid you got some HIFI stereos, who cares? maybe you have a firearm, get a car lock!!!

otherwise this is great, it's just a car, nothing to rob, and no dogs to run out the door.

except it's not going to be ups doing this, it's going to be their methhead serial killer contract drivers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's ironic to me that like a week ago people were having hissy fits about how Facebook sold the data that users agreed to allow them to, but there are no issues allowing Amazon access to your house and car.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's ironic to me that like a week ago people were having hissy fits about how Facebook sold the data that users agreed to allow them to, but there are no issues allowing Amazon access to your house and car.

meh this isn't proven at all and I would bet against this type of thing 'going mainstream' anytime soon.

Arative

Vyemm Raider

Because Amazon isn't colluding with Russia.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
A Ring doorbell, motion activated chime, and a sign that says "24 hr video surveillance" has stopped Amazon porch thieves for me. I fucking see American Inventors approaching my house at least once every few weeks and as soon as they notice the sign and/or hear the chimes, they GTFO.

For fucking real man....I had a 50/50 chance of my packages actually getting to me. Ever since I got a ring, I haven't had a problem. Should make a montage of the surprised faces when I say "sup" to them as they walk up to my door.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My wife had some mail stolen -> fake ID 6 or 7 maxed out credit cards in her name. We got on it pretty fast and it ultimately didn't have any effect except we first found out 2 weeks after our daughter was born.