AMC Movie pass

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably much more reliable than the movie pass, also works on 3D, IMAX, Dolby etc. They just built a brand new, state of the art, AMC with a bar and food service here in fort worth a few miles from me.

I would thnk If you live near an AMC theater this is totally worth it.

AMC Theatres' $20 monthly subscription plan rivals MoviePass

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AMC and Regal still do LieMAX (digital projectors merely made by IMAX, not the actual huge screens) so I won't give them a dime.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Only AMC near me is a 'Classic' with no reserved seating. We've always gone there, but in the last few months we've been going to the Marcus Theater with reserved seating and recliners. I'm not going back to that 3rd World AMC dump! You can't make me!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
AMC and Regal still do LieMAX (digital projectors merely made by IMAX, not the actual huge screens) so I won't give them a dime.

Yeah I don't do their Imax usually. How ever their Dolby cinema is top notch. That is what I usually do.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not going back to that 3rd World AMC dump! You can't make me!

The older theatures in their network suck. Had they not built an entirely new one near me with reserved seating it would be a waste. The leather seats in this theater are actually heated as well, its top notch.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah if you have Dolby Digital/Laser at your AMC this is gonna be awesome. I'm gonna be signing up day one. You have to stay signed up for 3 months at a time, if you cancel you can't sign up for another 6 months. You can reserve 3 movies at a time, any time frame, but it'd be kinda dumb to reserve too far out since that'll take "a slot". Can't do more than one per movie showing (so you can't get 2 seats and go with someone) and they will allegedly ask for ID to match stubs when you walk in so you can't give the ticket to someone else.

Still worth it, around here evening dolby screens are $15.49/ea so just going to see 2 per month (can see up to 3/week or 12/month) makes it worth it. Don't have to deal with any moviepass bullshit like stub photos, location checkin, debit cards, etc.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They just built a brand new, state of the art, AMC with a bar and food service here in fort worth a few miles from me.

Ah shit, that fucking thing is nice. Live a little too far out, too bad.

Saw BR2049 in a badass theater up in North Dallas with the lady. Dolby Atmos and all. No fucking way can I ever go back to "classic" theaters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
so bought A list this morning. All dates for my preferred theater are showing as sold out, or no movies are listed beyond tomorrow. on phone with amc support.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
WTB one of these for Regal Cinemas. AMC is garbage around here.

spronk

FPS noob
so bought A list this morning. All dates for my preferred theater are showing as sold out, or no movies are listed beyond tomorrow. on phone with amc support.

My AMC tends to do showtime updates every wednesday, I'd just wait a day. Soldado for example isn't listed yet (opens thursday) but I'm expecting it to go up tomorrow.

I signed up, going to go see Jurassic World 2 in IMAX 3D today afternoon. More specifically, the first half of the movie which I enjoyed. Then walk out. I'd never pay to see half a movie, would rather just stay home, but if its a monthly sub, why not. I rarely buy theater food and am not compelled like some weirdos to HAVE to buy popcorn/soda every time I see a movie, so the expense is just gas money and time.

A-List also lets you buy multiple tickets, it just discounts the first one to $0. I bought Ant Man 2 opening week tickets for me and wife, it dropped one ticket to $0 and charged me full price for second (I used reward points to pay for it). There's no family plan or anything so trying to juggle two will be a pain, but most movies my wife has zero interest in so works out for me.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah the support for amc said the same thing so i will wait. i had to buy two AMC movie passes, its gonna be a PITA to manage, but she basically goes to every single movie with me.

spronk

FPS noob
If you use android I use an app called "app cloner" (paid) to make a second copy of my moviepass for my wifes account, it lets you make a full copy of any app (regal, AMC, cinemark, etc) and works just like it was on a second phone. makes it easy to manage multiple accounts. Samsung Galaxy phones have something similar with secure folders, dunno about iOS