AMC Theatres to Change Movie Ticket Prices Based on Seat Location

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Last Jedi was the first movie after my theater went to assigned seating. On top of that debacle imagine if you had to wait in line for hours with hundreds of unwashed nerds.

Walked right in before trailers started so the period of disappointment was solely the movie's duration.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i thought all movie theatres were assigned seating for at least 10years?

especially online

i even remember once actually just walking into a theatre at the mall to buy tickets and the cashier swung the screen around and asked us to choose our seats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
globalists didn't destroy this

it's an overabundance of content everywhere

streaming, gaming, streamers, sports, tiktok, youtube

We're past the days of limited TV channels, with commercials, and dial-up internet.
Very few movies can be made to draw crowds, especially for such high ticket prices.
The price of 1 movie ticket subscribes you to any major streaming platform for a month.
Seeing a movie with your family gets you that same streaming package for a year.
Mature adult focused films have really suffered. In terms of being financially feasible, that area really seems in the realm of TV now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mature adult focused films have really suffered. In terms of being financially feasible, that area really seems in the realm of TV now.
This is true. The number of comic book movies in the last 20 years is just stunning. It really kind of sucks all the air out of the system for grown up movies. When they're not making superhero movies, they're flogging movie franchises from 40 years ago with one sequel/spin off after another.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
When we were kids, we thought that the best seats were the ones right at the front. "The screen's so huge! it's massive and awesome!"

Stupid stupid kids.
To be fair to our stupid kid selves, back in the day the screens weren't nearly as large as they are today and the front seats were quite a bit farther away from the screen. It was still probably a worse experience, but not nearly like today's where you can't even see the whole goddamn screen unless you are sitting at least 1/3 of the way up.

• 1Like