American Gods

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoy this show but god damn with the pandering. That whole border crossing scene was cringe as fuck from beginning to end.

And then of course the virginia town of white gun nut 'nazis'

Jesus.

Love that leprechaun though. "Shame kept you from getting thrown off a roof before making it here"

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm fucking done with this stupid fucking show.

Each episode it's like a contest to cram in as much "Holy shit, look at all these evil white people!" imagery as they possibly can.

• Lynching the black dude. Remember lynchings?!
  • Look at those beautiful gay muslims, who are also immigrants, and totally aren't blowing up anything right now! Muslims are just oppressed by white people, like the rest of us!
  • White nazi (I mean, Vulcan! Totally not nazis guys!) gun worshipers in small town Virginia!
  • Look at the poor innocent mexicans crossing the Rio Grande, oh shit, the white dudes with christian iconography on their rifles showed up and shot Mexican Jesus! Man, white people just suck don't they? Especially the christian sort.
  • Dane Cook!
  • Slave ship revolt. Remember slavery?!
  • Media and Technical Boy and Mister World are all white as fuck and doing their best to fuck over all those immigrant gods and their people!

And on, and on, and ON. OK we get it! Zhirever made this show is a gay immigrant otherkin and has to make damned sure we know how much white people have been the most evil force of evil in the history of evil.

Fuck this show with that Djinn's 20 inch sand snake. 5 minutes of good dialogue from Mad Sweeney over 6 hours of show is no reason to keep watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

Each episode it's like a contest to cram in as much "Holy shit, look at all these evil white people!" imagery as they possibly can.

• Look at those beautiful gay muslims, who are also immigrants, and totally aren't blowing up anything right now! Muslims are just oppressed by white people, like the rest of us!
  • White nazi (I mean, Vulcan! Totally not nazis guys!) gun worshipers in small town Virginia!
  • Look at the poor innocent mexicans crossing the Rio Grande, oh shit, the white dudes with christian iconography on their rifles showed up and shot Mexican Jesus! Man, white people just suck don't they? Especially the christian sort.
  • Dane Cook!
  • Media and Technical Boy and Mister World are all white as fuck and doing their best to fuck over all those immigrant gods and their people!

And on, and on, and ON. OK we get it! Zhirever made this show is a gay immigrant otherkin and has to make damned sure we know how much white people have been the most evil force of evil in the history of evil.

Fuck this show with that Djinn's 20 inch sand snake. 5 minutes of good dialogue from Mad Sweeney over 6 hours of show is no reason to keep watching.

Bro, are you triggered? Did they violate your safe space?

America is based on white people fucking everyone else over until we're on top. It's called AMERICAN Gods. I do like when it triggers the alt righters or NSJWs or whatever you fags are called. FeelsGoodMan.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

• Dane Cook!

Lol u so fuckin mad

This show is good

• 1Like

Cybsled

His god must be a gorilla, because his jimmies were rustled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Rofl.. from one white male to other, that's the epitome of white male fragility posting up there.

If even bringing up those things makes you think the show is somehow bashing white people, you are more of a snowflake then any 'otherkin' I've ever heard.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is it faithful to the book? If so, I'm cool with it. It's when it's injected for the sole purpose of virtue signalling that it would annoy me. That being said, I'm a pretty vocal anti-SJW poster and this show has not triggered me in the least.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it faithful to the book? If so, I'm cool with it. It's when it's injected for the sole purpose of virtue signalling that it would annoy me. That being said, I'm a pretty vocal anti-SJW poster and this show has not triggered me in the least.
Almost all of those things are faithful to the book. Haven't seen the latest episode, but I think Vulcan is an addition, I don't remember him from the book.

That djinn's giant hog? faithful to the books.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
For me, this last episode was like the final straw. In isolation, each of those things I mentioned isn't a big deal, but cumulatively, the message is clear.

If you google "American Gods review", most of the top results mention how political the show is and always has been, so it's not just my imagination if other people are seeing it too. Those reviews also share your opinion of "Haha! We're totally triggering whitey and the right!" Ok, consider me trolled.

If you want non-political reasons for why this show sucks, how about:

• The cinematographer must have been Zack Snyder. I half expect Khal Aquaman to show up any time now.
  • The pacing is terrible. You have to sit through 40 minutes of nothing relevant each episode.
  • The 2 most interesting characters, Mad Sweeney and Wednesday, get almost no screen time.
  • Almost total incoherency: does anyone who hasn't either read the book or read some sort of internet primer stuff have any idea wtf is going on? I did read most of the book and it all still makes no fucking sense.
  • Slow-mo cgi-blood killing scenes. I remember when that was awesome.... in 2007.
  • The music is terrible and misused. Whatever mood they were going for in that last episode just didn't work, it was jarring.
You guys like it, ok fine. But I think its terribly crafted, thinly disguised propaganda.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think you're way too sensitive. The stuff is surely there for you to read into, if that's what you want to do, but it wasn't the intent of the author.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well if you go looking for political meaning in any vaguely present day show, you are going to find something, but to watch the whole thing while counting the commited political injutices is fucking insane. It's a show where a bunch of old farts gods get driven around USA and weird shit happens. I find it very much an American thing to think your shit is the center of the universe, the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck. We were murdering people for being the wrong shade of white for millenias, big fucking deal.

Dead Wife and Mad Sweeney need a spinoff, but thank god for the change of tone in their scenes, otherwise the whole thing would be way too serious. TBH I think the Vulkan cult worked, maybe a bit too much on the nose with the armbands, but as far as taking the right to bear arms for sacred, it's good.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Thank god Astr0 isn't watching this. Lord the idiotic derails and crybaby feminazis are coming for him.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lol u so fuckin mad

This show is good

The show is great and I'll still enjoy it, but I do think the white male christian shitlord imagery is a little heavy handed and distracting. Like I always say though if I let hollywood heavy handedness get in the way of my entertainment I might as well be a monk. The only reason I brought it up is because last episode it got to the point of slightly distracting to the story for me.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Laura / Sweeney / Infrit guy B-story is a wonderful addition. Thoroughly enjoy the giant ginger git.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've been calling my wife a Leprecunt for the past few days now.

Really enjoying the added bits to flesh out the story.

A leprechaun, muslim, and zombie walk into a bar...

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I recall seeing on IMDB before the show premiered that Pablo Schrieber was in most of the episodes and thought it very odd since his character is not a huge part of the original book. I wondered what they could possibly be doing in order to justify having him in that many episodes.

Silly me doubting Bryan Fuller.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The show is great and I'll still enjoy it, but I do think the white male christian shitlord imagery is a little heavy handed and distracting. Like I always say though if I let hollywood heavy handedness get in the way of my entertainment I might as well be a monk. The only reason I brought it up is because last episode it got to the point of slightly distracting to the story for me.
Other than this week, has there been any "white male christian shitlord imagery"? And their god died in the same episode he was introduced in.

• 1Like