American Gods

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
'You’ve got your white, Jesuit-style Jesus, your black African Jesus, your Mexican Jesus, and your swarthy Greek Jesus.'

There’s a lot of need for Jesus, so there’s a lot of Jesus.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So the jaded Irish prick does have a soft spot after all. Looks like it might mean having to fuck with Wednesday's plan though.

From the preview for the next episode it looks like we get to see another Jesus.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
rofl, you fuckers are more sensitive then the otherkin snowflakes you make fun of. Soon as 'white guys' aren't getting their proverbial dick sucked about how awesome they are, it's like someone pissed in your cheerios.

Some minority or SJW gets upset about a racial stereotype on TV and you make fun of them for being a pussy.

The term fragility gets tossed around too much, but that was an actual legit example was the point..

Except the "SJWs" in this case are broadcasting their message through major media publications, while the dude your upset about here is talking to a discussion thread. I get the comparison though, other things in life like that have confused me, like how Doctors prioritize sucking chest wounds over scraped knees. They are both wounds which bleed, and as the wisdom of Predator showed us, if it bleeds it can die. So what's the difference?

In the above episode they talk about how white people making stories or media that use anything "black" in it is wrong, and offensive. This is a major broadcast, with a million dollar ad campaign. And it goes over how simply wearing dread locks is extremely offensive. Lightning could literally be crying, grow a vagina in order to PMS, and sit there and cry about how mean this show is for a dozen posts and there would be ZERO room to call it 'white male fragility' given what we applaud, encourage, and give huge platforms to other groups for having the 'bravery' to bitch about. Debate all you want about if something is political or not (It is)--but this stuff that Xevy Xevy and others pull to create a false equivalence between discussion here and modern social justice bitching is ridiculous.

The bitching you see here is god damn stoic within modern standards of cultural criticism. This shit is stiff upper lip British, or Roman in its virtue. You literally have a society where women are pushing for criminalization of men sitting with their testicles in a comfortable way, because said sitting might make them take up more room, and that is 'harmful' to women's comfort...a society where its racist to ask someone where they come from.

No, no, I'm sorry--not racist. It's WHITE SUPREMACY to do so. And you're sitting here saying white males are fragile because they have discussions about how they are tired of political messages in TV shows being a little obtuse. Fragile compared to what exactly? Because if that's fragile, then you must roll around posting constantly about the torrent of shit complaining (And driving out of business) everything from white people 'culturally appropriating' tortillas (Forget the irony that wheat tortillas are actually a 'white' invention, well, semetic) to too many whites in a classroom being a form of racism. (No, no I'm serious.) People do not necessarily say I do not belong, but I feel as if I do not when I am in a classroom and I am one non-White person. (Latina, Female)

In the end guys, I get not liking the bitching about political messages. But you guys are willfully ignoring how deeply critical the world is becoming to believe that a few posters here bitching occasional represents some kind of "kool aid" drinking, or some fragility. Cybsled Cybsled (And others, just tagging you so you see it). People are just pointing it out because the shit is not going to stop until everyone has to live by the same rules to see how absurd they are. I mean, I'd be perfectly happy with Neil Gaiman running out and saying "we need to acknowledge white privilege! And fragility!" before every episode if we lived in a world where mansplaining wasn't a thing. But there is no way something like 'white male fragility' should fly while Liberals jazz hands Riz Ahmed says minority youth will kill people if they don't see themselves in movies, because it hurts their fragile psyche so much, and women can say the air conditioning is sexist because it makes them a little chilly, both getting national attention for it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This. Fun fact, none of the shooters faces were shown so as not to point to a certain type of people. Only the rosary and engraving. You guys are projecting your butthurt.

I was in the Ghostbusters thread a lot. That thread is a perfect example of what I don't enjoy watching these threads dissolve into.

You being an insufferably obtuse faggot who is super salty his ideological leanings have become the new version of conservatard and so you try to project your butthurt onto everyone else who uses a discussion thread to talk about a show? Yeah. None of us like that either. You should stop that.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Lithose, nothing in the show is at the "wtf?" levels of SJW that you have posted.

America is built upon "cultural appropriation". The fact people QQ about that is mind boggling. Let's get rid of hamburgers and hotdogs and pizza, we're culturally appropriating the Germans and Italians!!!!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I'm a white alpha male in no way offended by this show, this show is dope across all aspects of media from dialogue to setting.

Love how each god just has a small twist to surprise you.

The Worst part (which isnt that bad) is they tied the best of the show (mad sweeney) with the worst (laura).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Lithose, nothing in the show is at the "wtf?" levels of SJW that you have posted.

America is built upon "cultural appropriation". The fact people QQ about that is mind boggling. Let's get rid of hamburgers and hotdogs and pizza, we're culturally appropriating the Germans and Italians!!!!

That border crossing was beyond 'wtf'.

The Anansi monologue was pretty close.

• 1Like

Cybsled

One thing to keep in mind is the gods are purposely riling people up/getting them to buy in, because that is what feeds the gods. Anansi wanted to create that burning rage because it is what gives him power.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Great episode. I kind of wonder if Laura is actually a descendant of Elsie from the story to explain the appearance? Might explain Mad Sweeny's interactions with her a bit.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

All those things I posted are SJW's reacting to things :p. What I'm saying is that a bunch of people on this board freak out when guys here are critical about anything to do with race and sex, and make allusions to how 'they are the same as the SJWs!' But clearly the guys here who bring it up every once in a while are not as 'wtf', or prolific as those snow flakes or even the damn actors or show runners on this show, they aren't even close to being in the same ballpark. Calling them fragile, or somehow saying they are being extreme by calling some things out is simply ignoring the social environment the country (Not to mention ignoring the words of the actors and show runners).

That's all. I think the border crossing was comically political. As were a few scenes, like the slave ship scene with Mr Nancy. Which was not in the books, and a huge deviation (I'm not sure what chaos chaos was talking about) and a deviation specifically planned to send a political message--as confirmed by the show runners. (As Khalid said, it boggles the mind you guys are trying to deny this when the show runners have said 'no, that's totally why we did it'. To see people being called fragile or delusional for seeing it though...come on guys. This entire thread is a kind of 'we may never know their motives moment, lol, open your eyes and look or at least BELIEVE people when they tell you their motivates and it totally jives with what you've seen. I think it illustrates just how massive the a-typical 'white males' tolerance for criticism is, which makes the notion of 'white male fragility' especially ludicrous.)

It’s an issue close to Green and Fuller’s hearts, Jones told the Los Angeles Times. The actor said that the producers wanted to ensure they used their time to ensure they were able to get their message across to audiences for an hour every week — and weren’t afraid of going to uncomfortable places to make that happen. “[Executive producers] Michael Green and Bryan Fuller and Neil Gaiman are very deeply affected by the conditions one is often forced to live in and how blind people are to the stripping away of rights,” Jones said. “There's something beautiful about storytellers that have something that they want to say and aren't afraid to say it.”

Jones added that having scenes like the Mr. Nancy introduction can be difficult for people on either side of the coin to understand. White people, the actor added, are never going to understand the racism black Americans encounter.

Black people don't know what white privilege is. We've never experienced it before and white people don't know what racism is. They've never experienced it before. It always feels like two sides are yelling at each other. What's most daunting to me is that I love racists because I don't know anybody that doesn't have somebody in their family that's homophobic or racist or falls into some sort of -ism or some negative.

I don't know anybody who wants that person to be killed, murdered or hurt, because we know that person from a different point of view. I know people who loved me and raised me and took care of me and nurtured me and the fact that they may not like these [white people] is based on their experience and the oppression they've felt with them. I mean, you can call it racism, discriminatory, prejudice. I choose to call it discriminatory or prejudice because racism, you truly have to be in power to be a racist. A person who has no power really can't be racist.

The actor, and show runner all agreed that if black people hate white people, it's not racism--it's due to racism against them. The seem with Mr. Nancy was EXPRESSLY put in as satire against Trump (As stated by the show runners) and critical of American racism toward blacks. It's not in the books, and it's clearly about Social Justice--not just because I said it is, but because the show runners have said explicitly it's about their social justice message. Do you guys really want to keep arguing with this? Come on fellas. Just admit it has this garbage in it and its a decent show because the weird characters are weird so if they believe in cooky, wrong shit it kind of fits.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

America was/is built upon cultural unification. Big difference and a lot of our problems these days are because people conflate the two.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
One thing to keep in mind is the gods are purposely riling people up/getting them to buy in, because that is what feeds the gods. Anansi wanted to create that burning rage because it is what gives him power.

True. The show runners specifically based it off Trump "riling" people. I linked it above. But it was overtly political in its message about racism. No place in the books did gods show extra temporal powers, yet Anasi was discussing cop shootings. Come on man. Obviously a political statement. Again, don't believe me, or listening/watching and forming a reasonable interpretation, just believe the actual actors and show runners who explicitly say that was the message.

Again, I'm not really bothered by it for exactly the reasons you said. The Gods are assholes, so in a twisted way its kind of fitting (And it feels like the actor is almost duped into illustrating how his own hatred is just as dumb as the stuff he believes the other side is doing by portraying it leading to ruin). But it's obviously there...It's just in a world of weird, cooky, beliefs it doesn't stand out too much.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it really a huge deviation from the books to show Anansi goading a bunch of slaves into murdering their captors and sacrificing themselves for him? It seems pretty spot on to me.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So tonight's episode starts off with white slavery. I hope that changes the fighting in this thread about SJW retardation.

The show is just fine.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So tonight's episode starts off with white slavery. I hope that changes the fighting in this thread about SJW retardation.

The show is just fine.

Glad we can all agree slavery, criminal exile and indentured servitude has nothing to do with race.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy fuck this thread is giving me cancer.

Episode was great, but I keep the sinking feeling they are reaching way too far trying to make this in to 3 seasons or whatever. Actual literal nothing of import happened in this episode, despite it being well made and entertaining. Main continuity is moving at a glacial pace and it's gonna get real old real fast.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Holy fuck this thread is giving me cancer.

Episode was great, but I keep the sinking feeling they are reaching way too far trying to make this in to 3 seasons or whatever. Actual literal nothing of import happened in this episode, despite it being well made and entertaining. Main continuity is moving at a glacial pace and it's gonna get real old real fast.

What the fuck are you talking about? There was at least one eyeball and one skin tone worth arguing about.

Why don't you just get the fuck out of here if you can't hang with the big boys?!